Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much would YOU pay (PLEASE READ/REPLY)

• 22-04-2001 12:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

If you were in a company. And u were looking for web Hosting. How much would you pay. If the server supported SQL and ASP and all the heeby jeebys that is web pages. How much would you pay.

please reply to this as i really need to know what ppl think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

£10 a mounth no more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

And where would you get a service like that for £10 / month ?

RentZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 FergalS

You can get NT hosting from wdi-hosting.com for bout a fiver a month I think.
    50megs and ASP...
    IEinternet.com and digiweb.ie are good too...bit pricey though.

Fergal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

£40 - £60 /month

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

all depends on the support and uptime as well, if you goto www.readyhosting.com you will get everything you need, cfm,php,asp sql 2000 for 100 a year good uptime the support it only mon-fri office hours in america.

i guess if its just asp and sql maybe 12 a month tops

• Advertisement

forget ireland, here you will pay 40-60 a mounth for that, get a host in the usa, something on a t1 with a good ping, all you need is about 100mb at the very very most.

i could probably find you a good few that will do it for £10 a mouth but its just as easy for you to do a search as me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

100mb at least heh no, if you have message boards and it gets big at all you will need more than that a old site i used to help out with had a database that was 80mb big

now lets not get silly here, he said he wants a host for a website, nothing abotu a board, and a small board can run no problem on 100mbs anyway, ususaly what happens is topics get deleted ater a mounth of no replies and unused acounts after 3,
    all so it depends on the board type, you could run a wwwboard on 10mb ffs while a ubb will take alot more and an ezboard alot more agian, but then they host them so you dont care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 FergalS

You'll find most websites will fit in 3-5MB.
    You only need more than 20MB if you are using databases, alot of images, movies or large files.
    100MB is a fuc.k load of HTML considering most pages are about 10KB.

a decent jpeg is 10k man,
    100mb if your hosting a company website is about standard, as there usually a bite of flash and a few pdf files to download, it ill end up about 30mbs and then the you get the rest

• Advertisement
Advertisement