Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Ram

• 02-04-2002 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

I have 256 mb ram and i am lookin to get another 256 can anyone tell me the cheapest place to get it. Foreign companies are good if the total works out ok

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Check out the sticky at the top of this board.

RAM has increased in price lately. You don't say what kind of RAM you want. Obviously, RAMBUS ram is going to be more expensive than simple EIDO or DRAM. Another question you should ask is whether your motherboard supports it (if you don't know already that is :) )

Overclockers are usually very competitive when it comes to pricing, though given the unfavourable exchange rate, you may lose out when it comes to importing the final product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The words cheap adn RAM don't sit well topgether atm.

Just look at the sticky with RAM prices and shop around. Prices tend to vary more than they should.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Try IT Boutique in Naas.Their web address is www.itbdirect.com.
    €106.80 for 256 mb of pc133 ram.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

ITDirect are pretty decent sometimes with RAM prices. They're near (or in?) Temple Bar.

http://www.itdirect.ie/products.asp?subcat=Memory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

Price from www.shop4memory.com :

256Mb SD PC133 - EUR 92,00
    256Mb RD PC800 - EUR 149,00

Incl. delivery in Ireland

/jayo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

A friend bought 512 of PC133 from http://www.shop4memory.com.

The RAM would not work reliably in his system so they refunded him the cost. Seem like a decent company to deal with, they are Irish based and their free delivery to Ireland and the UK is nice too.

Advertisement