Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Upgrading speakers

Options
  • 02-04-2002 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me how to remove the Tweeter speakers from a Renault Clio? I am upgrading them to Pioneer TSH-1302.
    The mesh covers seam to be an all in one piece with the dashboard cover.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

If it means removing your dash or complete centre-console, you may consider mounting them instead to your A-pillars or purchase some mirror tweater mounts if your mirrors are electric.

Try to keep the tweeters close as possible(6-8 inches is good) to your mids in order to improve imaging.

Also, make sure that if(this is unlikely) the passive Pioneer cross-overs insists dropping the circuit resistance to 2 Ohm, that your headunit can support it.

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Odian

Ba$tard knows his ****? do u work for an ice install company?
    Know who to go to when gettin my install!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭John mac

Tweeters come with pack. I was going to mount them on the door pillar as suggested but I wanted to hide them away:)
    The crossover is also supplied so installing is a POP.
    (Just a couple of holes to be drilled and Robert is your mothers brother):alien:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Hi Odian :)

I dont work for an ICE-install company(AFAIK!), but I spend alot of my time doing my own installs and friends installs.

If you need any advice or any contacts in the Munster region, just holler.

John Mac,
    You might consider the resale value of your car also. Instead of screw-mounting the tweeters to the A-pillars, you could use a light bond or strong double-sided tape which can be removed pretty well afterwards with a soft solvent.

Just remember, either point the tweeters inbetween the front seats or directly at your windscreen. Dont plop them on the dash (looking up at the windscreen) because windscreens become relfective to tweeter sounds(2 waves{shadowed} instead of 1). That will distort their clarity.

Cheers,
    J.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭John mac

Holes are for the Wires. Sticky tape will hold them in position A couple of 4mm holes will not be too bad. As for resale I will think about that in about 5 years (maybe longer if I can persuade management to keep it that long!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement