Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stepping down

Options
  • 03-04-2002 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

As you've already seen, myself and dahamsta have stepped down as moderators of the forum. More info on this is here. This was for reasons beyond my own personal control.

Because of my lessened responsibilities within the committee (I am no longer writing and maintaining the web site - which is being revamped again, and I'm no longer forum moderator) as well as a number of other things, including personal disagreements with certain ideas (which I won't go into) and the ever increasingly smaller amount of free time I seem to have on my hands, I have also resigned my position on the IrelandOFFLine committee - as of yesterday evening.

I'll still be hanging around as a member of the web-site development group, giving a hand with the new sites layout & design where needed, and I will be helping with the setup of future seminars & events etc., but not as an IrelandOFFLine committee member.

Thanks to all for your support throughout the past year.

To those who said that they hoped this wouldn't mean I would be leaving the boards... of course not!... I've been a member of boards.ie for two years - that's a year longer almost than IrelandOFFLine's been around. I ain't quitting the boards!

Cheers,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

You did a stunning job Niall, absolutely excellent, I can't believe how well you coped when you were the lone moderator here, god I remember those days well.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Well done Bard, glad u'll still be hanging around here with us :)

Ruu

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Cheers Bard

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

n1 Bard. You're no longer a committee member, but your opinions are still more than respected (by me anyway)

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Sorry to see you go bard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Fair play to you Bard for all the work so far. Most everyone here remembers the enourmous amount of work you put in to Ireland Offline.
    (just think, your no longer in danger of going prematurly bald from the hair and the ripping and the gnashing of teeth :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

i'm sad to see you steping down bard, and its even more of a shock to see dahamsta stepping down :(

hope to see yas about

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm not stepping down from the committee ando, just the forum.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Very sorry to see you step down Bard, i dont think anyone could have done it better. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Manic

Just when I thought I had you on the rails you decide to chuck in the towel. What sort of an adversary are you Bard? Stop being a chicken and get your ass back in here and do what your best at. Damn it if you don't I will have no one to lock arms with. Come on you silly old git. Everyone can see you might have lost a battle. But hell you Won the War.

Manic

• Advertisement

I think what Manic said in his own very masculine macho way was that you did a great job and will be missed. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

I guess i took it for granted Bard and Dahamster would be here forever and its abit of a shock to see you both go.Id just like to say thanks for the great job you both have done and wish you both the very best.:(

See you both soon lurking on these boards :D

Stone

PS Bard would it be rude to ask what disagreement you mentioned ?Nosey git that i am :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Dustaz

(just think, your no longer in danger of going prematurly bald from the hair and the ripping and the gnashing of teeth :) )

Well how appropriate...

I am now completely bald, having lost all my hair for a charity function which took place tonight in the bar I work in.

I managed to raise over €100 out of the total of over €1,500 in aid raised for the St. Francis Hospice... and that was just a spur-of-the-moment decided-at-the-last minute thing (for me).

As for stepping down (as both mod and committee member) it really is quite a weight off my shoulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

pld.......baldy.

You got before and after pics ?

Originally posted by yellum
    You got before and after pics ?

Nope!... not yet. Might get some passport type photos taken and scan them in. My driving license photo (only taken a couple of months ago) can be the before photo :)

(happy to see this thread go off topic,... enough of all the WELL DONE BARD crap :) )
    Originally posted by Stonemason:

PS Bard would it be rude to ask what disagreement you mentioned ? Nosey git that i am :D

No, not rude... but I said I'm not going into it and I'm not.

Nosey git indeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Congrats on a job well done, only hope whomever takes yer places will be as efficient...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

well done Bard. can't wait to see another bald head out there. I myself went slap head, but for stuidid reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

It'll be (heh, this is gonna be almost the exact same as every other message) a very different place without you Bard.

Even though we never really talked, certainly never knew each other, infact, I don't think we ever replied to each other once ;), overall I'll still miss you.

You've been a familiar face here and losing people like you is always a bad thing.

Oh well Bard, you have to live your life :P and life is all about changes, so there's no point in me trying to latch onto your heels (or bald head) and dragging you back here I suppose ;).

So this is it then...for all it's worth, you were good at what you did.

Bye...

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

Both you guys did a great job as moderators on this forum, not only did you keep it clean of spam you were also friendly and informative to any forum or IoffL noobs, cheers for the great work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

He's not dying ffs :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

He's not? Oh...OK then...

What do you expect us to say "thanks for everything, now sod off"?

He did a good job :P he deserves a pat on the back and a free drink, no?

Originally posted by NoelRock
    He's not? Oh...OK then...

What do you expect us to say "thanks for everything, now sod off"?

That'd suit me fine :P

Be a nice change from some of the arse kissing that goes on...

But seriously... no... thanks, folks... I appreciate the kind words.

He did a good job :P he deserves a pat on the back and a free drink, no?

Hmmm!... that'd suit me even better :cool:

Advertisement