Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nothing

• 03-04-2002 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭

so easy....to do absoultly nothing and still pass!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

heheh :)
    Damn right.
    Got 455 in the Leaving last summer by cramming for an hour before each test. Swined it well.
    I've 3 tests on monday morning now too.
    /me is not a happy bunny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭lazer

u r one of the lucky ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Beastie Boy

Hope it works out for you Sheron

When I was in college it definitley was not like that,
    but heck maybe its changed

Good Luck

George

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

finished third year.....it's worked so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭four_star

you haven't got you're results for third year yet SheroN so don't count your chickens. you also had to repeat a subject in first year so its not so easy is it.

• Advertisement

Still here ain't i? :)....and anything i may have failed first time round i'll get in the repeats....

yeah this year was easier than last year alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Beastie Boy

First there was this...
    so easy....to do absoultly nothing and still pass!

Then there was this...
    anything i may have failed first time round i'll get in the repeats....

That sounds a bit contradictory-
    If its "so easy" why not just get them the first time around or are you just being a showman!

oh yea complete and absolute showman.

did any of yee hear that song nothing by A. pretty class i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I coasted through the leaving cert and got 365 points for pretty much fvck all effort - could have done a lot better had I applied myself, but no matter, since I got my first choice on the cao anyway.

I find that in the course I'm doing (computer networking degree, first year at the moment) I do need to put in the work to pass any of my exams - especially in stuff like programming and the little bit of physics we do.

I dread this 55% pass rate business phobos mentioned for 2nd year in the IT's ! :dead:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Let me just clarify that 55% thing. If you are doing a certificate course in an IT (E.g 2yr course, and want to progress for the ad on diploma, you need @ least 55% avg, with no fails, first time round). The same thing goes for 3rd year (diploma) in to 4th year (degree).

If you are doing a straight run degree or whatever, you just have to pass all the way through to become qualified. Hell you can even fail exams in May, repeat in August, and still progress. Damn it why did I go to an IT. Ah but still, the most important thing to remember is that you will always do well in your course if you're interested. If you're not, brute force learning never works, and is what your parents tried to get you to do all those years ago, when you were sick and tired of hearing the words "Shouldn't you be studying", and "Leaving Cert.". ;)

;-phobos-)

Heh, nice one, I'm doing a straight-through degree :pirate:

ya should have come to Ireland's only real IT....in Waterford!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

i gave 2 years in the "real IT", a grand place except for the swill they pump out in THE DOME. god awful stuff...

in CIT now, but its just not the same

wd015-2.....99463873

I was in CIT about a year ago there, very grotty isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

i wont send this thread into a IT vs IT debate :)

but wat i will say is that the computer facilities in CIT [even tho limited as they are] are much better than WIT.

but apart from that, WIT is a grand institute with great lecturers. well all expect a particular idiot in the Industrial Computing Yr 2 course. Wont name names, but this guy was a total wacko...

and that C Lecturer in first year ? Wat a laugh he was !

ah precious memories...

WIT's computer facilites have improved something awful since i was there in first year. A few new labs with P4's cd writers and all that jazz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 dicey_reilly

where is sheron>?????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Dicey stop spamming the boards looking for Sheron.

May I suggest...
    ** phone
    ** Fax
    ** Letter
    ** Personal Visit

among others:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

i studied my a*s off for me first exam yesterday , i already know ive failed , so na this dont apply to me , your so lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Worked for a week and a bit then i got drunk tried to cram and
    failed one of those add on subjects interpersonal communications im studyin programming damb :D
    I PASSED ON COMPENSATION

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Gone Shootin
    i wont send this thread into a IT vs IT debate :)

but wat i will say is that the computer facilities in CIT [even tho limited as they are] are much better than WIT.

but apart from that, WIT is a grand institute with great lecturers. well all expect a particular idiot in the Industrial Computing Yr 2 course. Wont name names, but this guy was a total wacko...

and that C Lecturer in first year ? Wat a laugh he was !

ah precious memories...

Ahhhh Ian Downey I assume?

Graduate of WD015 myself ;) bit before your time though

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

Ian Downey - the man's a legend!:D

3 exams down ... 3 to go. ph33r.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

friday the results are out , i think it will be a case of " wake up its time to die"!

Advertisement