Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DJs among us...

• 03-04-2002 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

Just curious to know how many DJ types are hanging around these boards...

International Superstar DJ? Budding Bedroom DJ? House parties only? What categories do you fall into and what kinda schtuff d'ya play?

I've been messing around for a year or so now (on other people's decks) and I'm still pretty dodgy at mixing, with a musical style ranging between trance and evil techno :alien:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭FatB

I'm more of a pub D.J. than anything else, I have no mic ettiquite(however you spell it) but I can mix with the best of them (was thought by coco* himself).
    I play mainly chart dance but love my Techno/House music, I get my inspiration from 666, the Italian grandmasters of house. :P

* Coco=manager of power 104fm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

I have been arsing about for about 2.5 years now. I was really big in to it at the start, spending a fortune on tunes every chance I could. Then college got in the way and I slacked off a bit, even though I would throw together the odd minidisc now and again for friends.

But a couple of months ago I was offered a residency from a promoter who had heard one of my discs through a friend of a friend......

So I'm back in the scene again (even though I'm approaching my finals of my degree in Computer Science :rolleyes: ). Anyway I play Funky Tribal House, Progressive, and any good Techno I can get my hands on. Oh yeah, and a some hard trance, depending on the crowd. I have been told that my mixing is seemless, and that I can usually read the crowd, but don't quote me on that one ;)

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

Bedroom house muzak
    And weird stuff that i dont hav up on the net

zebox.com\enth

Av a lishten an tell uz wat ye tink so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 blue moon fever

house it has to be house, deep house, disco house, funky house, not really fussy,im a bedroom dj no conferdence for anything else, if there is more than two people in the room it all gose pear shaped but they seem to like the mini discs. (music 4 de masses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

Well started about a year and a half to two years (i think!) ago.

Have totally slacked off since Chrimbo, mainly because I've been broke and more recently because I'm in Cork and my decks are in Dublin, BUT

When I did play I started on Hard House but now have kinda graduated to pretty much anything with good bass lines be it funky, progressive or deep house....

Played a fair few house parties in my time but thats it....

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I speaka de truth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

dont really dj, although i have played a few gigs here and there despite my complete lack of deck skills.... [drum and bass]
    have been mc-ing for about a year though, loads more fun...
    i basically decided that rather than spending a grand on a set up and having a bad vinyl habit i would spend forty odd bucks on a mic and a lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

i played at our local festival Le Cheile last year :p if only for 30 mins hehe :) if u have enough passion to go out and dj, but i hadnt..im too lazy, tho i can mix stuff..i dont really do it anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

i dj/produce techno, hard techno, also making dutch-hardcore. have played alot of house partys, also ilegal raves in london to a crowd of about 500 ppl, played radio a few times in london, (i live in london now) hopefuly startin a record label soon a,d releasin some musik, proyl release a CD too, so watch hmv etc. at moment in the middle a of a big project, some good thigns lined up.

hard techno only, no cheesy riffs, no gay hand-bag-house.

keep hearin ppl say they can mix, but actualy they dont have a first clue, just cos u can cutt the bass and fade a record into another, doesnt mean u can mix.

can ppl pls say here, what ur ment do be doing, just curious...

http://mirror.at/ser

got a short clip i made there, go1 in mp3s, waitin on a new server, then will have alot of live mix's up.

enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Cool. Thanks for finding it OJ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Dj Mark K

Have been "Djing" about 2 yrs now .... No gigs as of yet but things are lookin good for this summer :) Anything from commercial Trance to Hard Trance "Dance" & Techno ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Bedroom DJ myself :o

Check out my latest mix track listing called "The Periodic Table Volume 3" @ my site -> www.greatestdancer.com

Complete with funky covers that I knocked up :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i've been using this app called virtual turntables for about 4 years now, getting pretty tasty at it now. planning on getting a set of decks soon enough

oi chris! long time no see mate, last time i saw you was at that lan at dogs gaffe years ago. you doing all that over in london are you? whats the acid techno scene over there like these days? is it still the likes of d.a.v.e and rowland the bastard? the only proper hard hard techno night in dublin just got closed down recently after eight years so theres bugger all of it knocking about here but now the summers here again no doubt there'll be gabba blaring out of beach parties and warehouses across the land...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Originally posted by [cm]tyranny
    the only proper hard hard techno night in dublin just got closed down recently after eight years so theres bugger all of it knocking about here

If you're talking about Genius in the Kitchen, it's still going on Tuesday nights. It's just been moved to the Tivoli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I was supposed to DJ my own club night at one stage.
    Went in on the night to find out the bastard owner had gotten someone else.

naaah was talking about d:fuse at frazers formerly the thirteenth floor.... proper landmark in dublin clubbing history that place was... it was insane; the place was packed to the rafters with grimacing skull faced tattooed lunatics dancing to the hardest gabba id ever heard in me life [and i've partied with the dratpack wreckthegaffe and cyaneyed crews]. to quote a review of a night there "the wearing of tops is strictly discouraged, and if you dont have any tattoos they'll give you one on your way in"

the tivoli should be taken to court and sued then fistfooked with a spiky glove for destroying the genius name. all the [self respecting] djs have left that crew. i hear they play kylie these days. nuff said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by [cm]tyranny
    naaah was talking about d:fuse at frazers formerly the thirteenth floor.... proper landmark in dublin clubbing history that place was... it was insane; the place was packed to the rafters with grimacing skull faced tattooed lunatics dancing to the hardest gabba id ever heard in me life [and i've partied with the dratpack wreckthegaffe and cyaneyed crews]. to quote a review of a night there "the wearing of tops is strictly discouraged, and if you dont have any tattoos they'll give you one on your way in"

I've been to D:Fuse before.
    Cellar Bar in Frazers, innit?

I much prefer Dominion on Saturdays.
    More my taste. :)

Advertisement