Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN Problems

Options
  • 03-04-2002 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi.

I've installed an ISDN t/a into a friends PC ( Dell Dimension XPS D333, Windows 95 with DUN 1.4 installed ) and I've a couple of problems.

1) It takes over a minute to connect to any ISP's ( elivefree & eircom via ISDN, Tinet (?) via 56k ).

2) Connecting to his TINET (?) account, using 1891150150 via ISDN, gives me a "password wrong" message, yet works when configured to use his 56k modem.
    Would it have anything to do with Caller Line ID? Have I got the ISDN cable plugged into the wrong port on the wall unit, using the wrong number? ( It was late at night when I gave up. )

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

1. Does it hang on any stage of the connection? i.e does it hang on authentication or dialling?

2. If he's using an Eircom subscription account, he'll have to get it changed to an ISDN account. That's why he can connect via 56k not ISDN.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

1. It stops for a minute at the "Logging onto network" dialogue box, after it's dialed, connected & verified userid & password.
    Then the double computer icon appears and everything's fine.

2. He doesn't know what type of account he's got. I've got him digging up the paperwork for it. It was called "Ti-Net" in Dial-Up Networking, so god knows how long he's had it.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

For the connection problem, right click on the connection, click server types. If log onto network is ticked, untick it. Sounds like that's what it is.
    With the account thing, he's probably best calling them and checking, sounds like that's just an ordinary dialup account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

If you are using the ISDN on a res account you can call Eircom Net and get your Subscription upgraded to ISDN 1850 203204 If its a business account you will have to pay up to €300 for an 128k conx

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

I unticked the "Log on to network" option under "Server Types" and it now connects immediately.

He is using an Eircom subscription account. Which is why he couldn't connect via ISDN.

Thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

I belive UTV internet offer a free ISDN service. Might be worth checking out.

Advertisement