Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webmaster Forums!

Options
  • 03-04-2002 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

I don't think there is a truly great forums site for Webmasters issues and conerns and assistance with HTML, XML, ASP, CFM, PHP... whatever you use?

I think one needs to be created.

What should be included?

Whats a good domain name for it?

Would you signup and contribute - help and be helped etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

/me looks around.

Wait a minute! Isn't this a "Webmaster Forum" where such things are discussed? Where people are helped and in return help others, for the good of MANKIND!? :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Yes, of course it is, my point is this is a forum within boards, what is needed is one set of boards aimed at the worldwide webmaster community.

Boards that you sign up for purely for the benefit of webmaster type help and info.

The members here are large but the posters in webmaster out of that number does'nt appear to be huge!

Also, not just Irish webmasters!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

There's hundreds of webmaster forums out there. One of the better ones is DevShed.

Bernie Goldbach's experiment didn't come off too well.

I wonder, buddy, did you actually look around the web before you posted? :)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Buddy get one of those start.at/ urls and forward it to:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=23

Problem solved

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

The idea of yet another technology bulletin board is a little crazy. If you go to any of the technology hubs you will find boards, links to boards, online tutorials, chatrooms etc., etc.,

There are, of course, all the mailling lists and newsgroups too. If you are having a specific problem you can nearly always find an answer.

IMHO the only way another webmaster bulletin board could survive is as a part of a larger community.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

www.sitepoint.com is the place I've been going for years. Before I went there I thought Perl was the only thing you should use for scripting webpages :)

They have excellent forums which are at www.sitepointforums.com

If your into PHP you will love it, but PHP is crap :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Hey Yellum, we could make a fortune outta dis man!

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

Just a thought but I think a lot of members are missing the point during discussions. Being someone who came along quite late to "webmastering", this board has one great flaw

Many threads are about particular subjects, whether it is HTML, XML, ASP, CFM, PHP, styleshheets, frames etc.

Many new webmasters (or some who are not so new) may have absolutely no idea what these subjects are. So when we have a thread many persons are absolutely oblivious to what the tread is about?

A link or short explanation would probablt make this board a lot more user friendly and therefore be of more use to people.

What do you think?

Advertisement