Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom - Making the Internet work for your business

Options
  • 03-04-2002 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

If anyone is near the Tullamore Court Hotel between 5&8pm on 11th April, Eircom will be giving an overview of eBusiness and its importance for business in the Midlands. They will also give first hand information on how local companies are successfully integrating the internet with their overall business.

Comments, anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

I have friends who run a small business in Tullamore and who are very very pissed off with Eircom. Ideal people to turn up there and ask embarrassing questions, I'll see if they are interested in going. They may not be able to - too busy working long hours to pay extortionate eircom bills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Forgot to say, entrance is free.

No doubt the Small Firms Association will be there to ask all the really tough questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

I have a brother in-law in Tullamore who owns his own company.

He will make a point of being there. and I feel sorry for the poor unfortunate "Eircom" staff member who is being thrown too the "Lions".

Just, wish the meeting was in Donegal. Where I could "Eyeball"-
    the - top table - too death.

Yours, paddy20:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

I would like to confirm that I will be attending this conference with at least two heads of the of the working groups. We will be there officially representing IrelandOffline.

I can also confirm that IrelandOffline will be meeting with Pat Delaney of the SFA shortly.

Further details of meetings will be released in due course, several are in the pipeline.

We are entering what promises to be an extremely busy and important period in our campaign and we are gearing up tackle it full force. In readying ourselves you can see we are making changes such as on the forum, which are necessary.

We are making efforts to improve our communication to our members I know you guys need to know about planned meetings and the outcomes. I also know that the fruits of all the committees recent workload will become more visible over the coming weeks. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Originally posted by Dangger
    I would like to confirm that I will be attending this conference with at least two heads of the of the working groups. We will be there officially representing IrelandOffline.

I can also confirm that IrelandOffline will be meeting with Pat Delaney of the SFA shortly.

Further details of meetings will be released in due course, several are in the pipeline.

We are entering what promises to be an extremely busy and important period in our campaign and we are gearing up tackle it full force. In readying ourselves you can see we are making changes such as on the forum, which are necessary.

We are making efforts to improve our communication to our members I know you guys need to know about planned meetings and the outcomes. I also know that the fruits of all the committees recent workload will become more visible over the coming weeks. :)

Hello Dangger,

I am delighted to hear that your goodself and at least two heads of the working groups will be attending said meeting in Tullamore.

Now, that is what I call "constructive" communication.

A major step in the right direction for this forum.

Might I suggest that IOFFL , ask Eircom if they would consider "holding" Public meetings throughout the Country on the subject of the need for a decent flat-rate Unmetered Internet Access service?. They might then be in a better position too judge the - public perception - need - and demand for the aforementioned.

I would like to know if they would even be prepared to consider "holding" meetings for the "majority" general public, who
    are their customers and whose needs the must address ASAP?.

Many thanks,

Yours, paddy20:) N.B. If they are NOT to face the "Public" in public. Then maybe they might consider spending some of "Joe Publics" money on proper "Market research in to the general publics "understanding" of the issues involved and the perceived need amongst those lucky enough too have become informed enough to make a rational judgment on the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Is a fairly close to me in fact i have been known to go their for an indian take away:D.I could be up for this one alright if suport is needed.Now where did i put my heckling Hat (joke ill behave :D)

Stone

Advertisement