Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new E-mail system plz read&reply

Options
  • 03-04-2002 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭

I am just wondering what would it take to create a e-mail system for a company. Or is there any place out there that offers something like this and are their any draw backs. i.e. people being able to view private files or being able to get peoples e-mail address without permission.

What i am looking for is something like someone@eastcork.com And that there could be a address book shared for all the eastcork.com e-mail's. where by the address book has different catagories like tourism, business or/and community. To have it so all users ar eastcork.com can view all the e-mail address of these groups.

Any information that someone has would be of great use. You can either pm me or post it here or e-mail me link is below.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

please any help would be greatful. i really want to hera what your ideas might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Lotus Notes is a disgusting mail system, but it has the 'Address Book' stuff that you want there. For example, in Vodafone, I can look up the address of anyone, in any department and email them, 'cos there's a world viewable address book with everyone's address in it.

Otherwise, I would think a simple webpage structure with listings for each group, protected by http auth., would serve the same purpose.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

hmmmmm that could be a good idea. web auth one i mean they are using someother package for their e-mail system. all ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Or better still, if you know exactly where everyone will be accessing it from, you can only allow certain IP's. Or make it an intranet address book. It means script kiddies wouldn't bother trying to get it. (Sorry, full of ideas today :))

Advertisement