Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

a good nite out?

• 03-04-2002 7:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

What for you makes a really good night out? I mean for you is it the pub for a few pints with your mates, trendy bar standing around hoping that the bird you have been staring at all night will pick up on your subtle body language will come over and nibble your ear, the pub->nightclub getting totally and pissed(maybe more if you get my drift wink*). Or your own variation on the subject.

For me personally these days I like going to the pub with my girlfriend and some mates and talking sh!te, then maybe heading back to someone's house and smoking some of them funny cigarettes. Don't get me wrong I still like to go to nightclubs every couple of weeks or so but I can't dance and I have a girlfriend so 2 of the main reasons for going to a nightclub are gone.

On another note, one of the best nights out I ever had was when myself and one of my mates went on a bit of a pub crawl in Dublin one Saturday. We eventually ended up in the palace/Murphy’s (it was a few years ago!! :) ). we were p1ssed so we just sat in the seating section at the bottom of the stairs and took the piss out of everyone who came in(to ourselves obviously). We were fu(kin cracking up. Probably sounds like a sh1te night but when your are pissed and having a good time with your mates some of the simplest things came be the funniest.

So what’s your idea of a really good night out and what has been a good one for you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

Drink, good company, drink, late bar preferably (niteclub will do though) and more drink.

It's never possible to plan a good night out though, the best tend to be spur of the moment.
    Also surprisingly enough, despite what I've said above some of the best nights out I've had have been then I've been on the dry :alien:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Um, anything fun really, combination of being with friends and people I like and some alcohol usually leads to a good night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wee_lady

Don't get me wrong I still like to go to nightclubs every couple of weeks or so but I can't dance and I have a girlfriend so 2 of the main reasons for going to a nightclub are gone.

why do most guys think this way??!! just because u finally got that girl u were after in the niteclub u no longer feel the need to go back?!! i dont understand!! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

My ideal night out is, having a few cans in someones house. Go to a trendy pub, then to a club that plays decent tunes (ie. Progressive, Techno, Tribal House). Chart music actually puts me in bad form, because I think it's too common, and drives me mad when people go insane over music that has been played hundreds of times already on the radio that day.

I don't take drugs, but I like the atmosphere associated with dance events. I think music plays a big part of the social scene in Ireland. My favourite gig was a time where the whole club practically filled with smoke, the strobes ran though it, the tunes banged out, and I couldn't see anybody around me (the smoke was so thick). Even though I couldn't see anyone I could hear their whistles, and clapping etc. It was the closest feeling to being underwater. I don't recommend it for clostraphobics, or photosensitive epeleptics for that matter. At that point in the night, everyone just shuts the **** up, or leaves. Everyone is focused on the music, and nothing else matters.

I also find nights like that are much cheaper, and I leave the club sober, with a decent workout too. Kinda reminds me of my 21st actually.

But unfortunately I don't get to experience a night like that too often because most of my friends are basically into going out to get as trashed as they can, in places that guarantee women, (chart clubs).

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Originally posted by wee_lady

why do most guys think this way??!! just because u finally got that girl u were after in the niteclub u no longer feel the need to go back?!! i dont understand!! :confused:

And you never will, thats why women will always be the weaker sex.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wee_lady

thats why women will always be the weaker sex.

or maybe we just go out with the weaker sex???!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Any good night involves women and getting laid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭daftbegger

It would be a nice meal with good company, followed by a meeting with a few friends or another couple. Good music, interesting conversation and maybe a little 'ants in the pants' if the mood takes!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭daftbegger

Originally posted by wee_lady

or maybe we just go out with the weaker sex???!

You are probably right.
    I understand what you mean about the club bit!!
    Some men see night clubs like a kerb crawl!!
    But they are the guys who normally leave alone!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

...when something unexpected, but nice happens. Like bumping into someone you haven't seen in ages or a quiet pint on a Friday night turns into a mad weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭king of fifa

a good night in ireland??it seems to me that most of us (the irish public that is) seem to think it means not being able to remember it in the morning..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

A night in a club is grand if you're ion the mood for it, but I like to find a nice late bad with good atmosphere and background music and have a few pints late into the night with some friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭IRISHLILY24

For me it would be shooting some pool with friends or playing cards (even better) while having a drink, laughing all night long makes me happy, the kind of laughing where your stomache hurts because it was that funny...and if i had a boyfriend I would end the evening with an enjoyable roll in the hay :)

I am not into the nightclubs, too smoky and too loud to hear when your friends are talking. If I had to go out it would be to a little pub or coffee shop while playing at some game or another with friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

I know a little pub/coffee shop and it's quiet near a hay barn if you're interested;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭IRISHLILY24

lmao! your too funny francie ;)
    any other takers, hint hint lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Usually it's in to a pub with good music and good company then onto a club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

Drink and woman and shmoak wherever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭schrodinger

Truck loads of drinking, smoking, head banging and shagging

Advertisement