Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Everquest news

Options
  • 03-04-2002 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

http://www.jsonline.com/news/state/mar02/31536.asp
    Shawn Woolley loved an online computer game so much that he played it just minutes before his suicide
    The 21-year-old Hudson man was addicted to EverQuest, says his mother, Elizabeth Woolley of Osceola. He sacrificed everything so he could play for hours, ignoring his family, quitting his job and losing himself in a 3-D virtual world where more than 400,000 people worldwide adventure in a never-ending fantasy.

gotta love this tho:
    Parker said people who are isolated, prone to boredom, lonely or sexually anorexic are much more susceptible to becoming addicted to online games. Having low self-esteem or poor body image are also important factors, he said.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Parker said people who are isolated, prone to boredom, lonely or sexually anorexic are much more susceptible to becoming addicted to online games. Having low self-esteem or poor body image are also important factors, he said.

Regi and Devore play Evercrack. SAY NO MORE. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

sexually anorexic

heh heh heh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

All this does is encourage me even more to rob the place......there's gotta be a way....noticing how protective they are of their characters...how much would they pay not for me to kill them????

hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

IS there a way to test yourself??? I dont consider me addicted to online games...but i do spend alot of time at the comp...doing a variety of things :( Well if u lived in thurles you'd understand...WHAT A SH*THOLE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Oooer. I'm scared...no wait..I'm laughing my ass off! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

From Article:
    After playing the game for 36 hours straight, he had a psychotic break because of sleep deprivation, Parker said.
    Lightweight :)
    They should pop along to some of the Lans that are held.

Advertisement