Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet connection on a standard line

• 03-04-2002 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

On a standard home phone line I have had Internet access for the last 3 years or so, reasonable speeds 40-46kbps.
    In the last 2 weeks my eircom (free) account connects, gets to verifying username & password connects briefly (10 sec) then drops out. My Indigo account (free also) will connect about 3/5 times but at 31200bps (about 2min. to open eircom home page) and often drops out.
    I set up the same accounts on a Lap top, on my home phone line the same results but on my work fax line (standard line) 45kbps on both accounts.
    Spoke to Eircom. net tech support, checked settings all OK.
    Spoke to Eircom fault line report, they ran atest on the line and said it was OK but that they could only test for phone conversations only not Internet connection.
    Thanks for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Well if it worked at work then that rules out your computer which also means there was no need to ring eircom.net cause they only deal with the computer settings etc..

Any chance you could test the laptop in a nearby neighbours house ? if its the same it could be works on a line in your area. if it works in your neighbours then perhaps you have a long phone cable in your house which could be slowing things down. if neither work then try a different isp. Might be able to get an esat or utv pop closer to your your area than an eircom/indigo one.

If noting works harasing the eircom lines dept it might get them to send someone out, try sayin that there is noise on the line they might fall for it and sned someone to check on it.

I have had a problem like that before and the only thing that could fix it was time (about two weeks in my case) dont know what it was or how it was fixed but I left it long enough and it went away :o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

MOD, you will get a way better reply from the people in the Net/Comms section under the technology section. Try them, in fact I think it may have been answered already.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MOD

Yellum, thanks for direcions,will try them.

Advertisement