Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My little idea, read on.

Options
  • 03-04-2002 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭

I dont mean to go off topic here but I would like to make a suggestion. I've been reading the board here since it opened and I have found that in the last few months that things have gone very very quiet.

I dont want to blame this on anyone because it is no one persons fault but I think that perhaps this has happened because of over moderation (any mods/admins please read on before getting mad)

When I say over moderation I mean that ppl are posting off topic things that dont help and just make it hard for news/rumors to get the deserved attention. This is leading to posts getting deleted/closed which just leads to hostility against the mods/admins when all they are doing is trying to filter out messages that dont really help.

Now what I would suggest is to split the ireland offline board into a few different sections. When you log onto the board you get a choice of an Offical News section, a rumour/discussion section and a chat section. While the first two sections are just a split of the current board the third section would allow those who want to go a bit off topic and just want to chat about how they feel things are going with the movement etc...

While some could say that ppl who want to discuss off topic or non important things could post somewhere else I believe that it would lead to a more active community with ppl able to get things off their chest (within reason) without being banned. Im not saying that this section should not be modorated just that it would not be as strictly aimed at forcing change but would be aimed more at building ties between members. I still think that ppl will get banned because some ppl just like starting trouble and need attention but it would allow those who are just trying to be get in on the scene a chance to talk.

Well thats my two cent and if i've gone way off topic im sorry. Ok everyone back to chatting about how we can bring down the evil eircom empire (esat are more at fault than eircom in my opinion)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

Shouldn't it be:

Official News Source: Ireland Offline Website

Discussion of official news & Ireland Offline policy / direction (& not-so-official rumours): Ireland Offline Community Board (ie here)

Anything else: Somewhere else

Also just my 2¢!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Message to Kristok,

I totally agree with you.

Maybe, your constructive ideas are not so "little" after all.

Perhaps, someone in authority might give them some serious
    consideration?.

I have not been able to post to this forum or any other for about four days as my computer "settings" were mysteriously changed by a professional "Hacker"of ill intent?.

Good luck to you.

Yours, paddy20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

I am sure that the new moderators who will be the new "authority", will give these suggestions some serious thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I think news should be on the IrelandOffline website and from the "coming very soon" hints from the IOFFL people it seems that a fairly comprehensive site is on its way.

The new mods can obviously post links to news stories and nuggets of information contained on the website.

Very good idea though Kristok. I like the bit about off topic conversation, well, kinda. There does need to be greater education of new posters on how things work, hopefully a more comprehensive faq will help a lot.

I don't know what the Research working group have done but digging into the hundreds of old threads might be a great way of compiling a super faq and knowledgebase. The wikiweb that was on the old website was a good idea and hopefully something like this will be reincarnated.

Its nice to see new people to this forum post some very constructive ideas and hopefully you will get some public feedback from the new mods or the IrelandOffline committee.

Advertisement