Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Drive prob

• 03-04-2002 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭

My DVD drive isent reading dvds, no prob seeing music cds but it cant see dvds. Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas what it is???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

It could be the software you're useing to read thedvd rather than the dvd drive ,what are you useing

Macker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Can you see the folder(s) on the DVD if you open the drive in windows explorer? There should at least be a folder named video_ts (perhaps an audio_ts too)

If you can do that it's almost certainly the software.

If you're using PowerDVD, click on the little disc icon/folder icon on the powerdvd remote - selects between music discs and DVDs (may be the problem) in older versions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

I'm using PowerDVD XP, version 4.65 I think. Windows explorer can see files on all cd's but can't see anything on dvd's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

Saw something similar on Creative Labs DVD a few years ago. Try disabling DMA on the drive....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

DMA is disabled.

• Advertisement
Advertisement