Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Anorak Hour

Options
  • 04-04-2002 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

I saw a poster for a Phantom Fm film entitled the Anorak Hour on my last visit to their rugged Donegal studios. Anyone know anything about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Phantom have studios in Donegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭joss

Mailed Pete about this but didnae get a reply.
    What's the theme music to the Anorak Hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hello all,

Sorry Joss for not getting back to you. Caught me in the middle of college assignment hell! Got the CDs thanks, and they are now happily in the Phantom library. Good additions too.

On the Anorak Hour topic, the music at the start is from the Les Reed Orchestra (no relation) and the music is called "Man Of Action". Used to be the theme music to Radio Northsea International, a ship based radio station in the 1970s.

As for the video, well it was made as a final project by a good friend of the station who also does some web work for us. Just a 15 minute feature on "pirate" radio with interviews with Fanning, Gerry Ryan, Gerard Roe, Denis Murray etc....really good poster though, has everyone convinced! We're in the process of moving to a much more spacious web host provider so we should be able to encode it as a realvideo and make it available if Mike is cool with it. Will look into it.

And shhh Francis, yes, the studio is in "Donegal"..... ;)

Regards,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

oh now i get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭joss

Thanks loads Pete.
    Will search it out.
    Sounds very like a great tune called Interplay by Derek and Ray.
    There's something that seems so tragic about ship based pirate stations in retrospect.
    And those old tapes of pirate stations you play too.

I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

• Advertisement
Advertisement