Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death of the Quake Boards

Options
  • 04-04-2002 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Might as well post here lads, the few of us that are left. We could slag VinCÚNT or something. Innit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

What is "Quake"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Quake 4 will change it all..just wait and see. ;)

How about making this a Quake/Doom board when Doom 3 is out. Maybe that'll liven the place up again...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Werl, the scene seems to have livened up a little bit since Rev stuck a server on games2, and there'll be a whole lot of quakeage going on when room101 or the equivalent goes ahead.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

its because (and lets face it lads) Quake 3 on the net is a pile of stinking poo.

On a lan its fun and I guess if you are one of the lucky ones (read: Americans) with fat cable/DSL connects its probably sweet too but for modem play (even ISDN) its pants.
    Big saggy pants.

We play loads on lan here but I rarely if ever play online as it frustrates me that a game like QW (written by enthusiasts, years ago) can have better networking code then Quake3.

Also, lets face something else: Quake 3 isnt half the game QW was. Brown colours or no brown colours. QW left you sweating, shouting, cheering, tearing your hair out and occasionally running around with your jumper over your head screaming goooooooooal! (ok, well on one occasion it did :) )

When I lose at Q3 I just feel frustrated at the physics, when I win its just a warm feeling.... methodone for the brain-injected hit of heroin that was QW.

I just hope they learned their lesson and go back to nasty, fast, twitch-reacting, air-controlling, rocket jumping rapage. Somehow I doubt it...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Trust ZERO to start a phucking thread here, I mean, what a troublemaker, one of the few boards enjoying a quiet time of late, and ZERO has to go poking his railgun in.

'plyd' Zero

Luc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Originally posted by DeVore
    methodone for the brain-injected hit of heroin that was QW.
    hah nicely put

I just hope they learned their lesson and go back to nasty, fast, twitch-reacting, air-controlling, rocket jumping rapage. Somehow I doubt it...
    have you tried promode? It is basically q3 with fast, twitch-reacting, air-controlling, rocket jumping rapage. Admittedly its a poor substitute for qw, except for cpm duels, which are miles better than the sluggish vq3 duels, and i'd prefer them over qw duels any day, and there exists the same dm4-ownage feel in cpm3 if thats what you're looking for.

and vin is gay innit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

(Insert offensive Flame starter here)

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

enough of this slaggin me off malarky, you'd all feel much more comfortable slagging off kapoo like in the old days before the legendary vin**** owned the irish quake scene ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

lol,be fair Counter-Strike happened, just admit it,

I mean look how pissed off DeVore is at counter-strike he even locked up the forum to try and curb it's popularity :rolleyes:

childish

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

cs is gay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

All the quakeheads are too elite to post here. I suppose I could talk about how badly I beat slydice at the last lan. We are playing loads of amphi for the laugh. It's fairly mental stuff.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Do me a favour Slydice, is that the best troll you got??

Anyway, I'd whip you're pussy ass at CS, which I'll have you know I play a fair amount of. I just dont let people know so I get a quiet game...

*hug* :) <-- insert Zero's token smiley.

DeV.

:P

Do me a favour Slydice, is that the best troll you got??

Anyway, I'd whip you're pussy ass at CS, which I'll have you know I play a fair amount of. I just dont let people know so I get a quiet game...

*hug* :) <-- insert Zero's token smiley.

DeV.

lol DeV

Just cos you play it doesn't mean you like the fact it's more popular than Quake!

And of course you'd beat me in Counter-Strike, I haven't had gaming net access since last september, I can barely keep ahead of Justhalf in Games nowadays!

and besides your reply more than proves my theorem god what a silly way to push your own agenda

deary me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

>All the quakeheads are too elite to post here.

Roffle?

>CS came.
    All the people who were sh1t at quake played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Thats what happens when people with real talent move to Tribes.

Let me know when Quake gains the extra dimension.... :)

*worst troll evar*

yeah remember that koopa fella omg he was so bad :cheeky:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

face it slydice, CS is played by n00b kids lacking the patience or skill to play a real game. Quakers are gods among on-line gamers, QWers are gods among quakers.

shut up I'm trying to get DeVore to unlock the CS forum.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

Originally posted by Slydice
    shut up I'm trying to get DeVore to unlock the CS forum.....

Muppet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Ex_hale

hey lads, whats the addy for that games2 server?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

games2.iol.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

how many quake players are there in ireland..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

With the amount of inactive players, thats nearly impossible to calulate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

and cs/tfc/tribes/ut fag9ts who play the odd game of q3 at lans and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

DeV.

erm - i've bad news for ya...
    ever play rtcw online??

*shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Whats "Quake"???

Is it a copy of Unreal Tournament ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭immort4l

Hmm maybe if we started randomly beating cs players (in reality) they would be far too afraid to play it.....alternatively you could wait for q4 and doom 3.Don't turn to the dark(ie:other games) side :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭immort4l

Arrgh that smiley was not meant to be there above :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

33.6 modems killed QW. All those l33t ****ers with them ruined it for the rest of the 28.8 heads.

Advertisement