Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

secret tracks.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Originally posted by NeMiSiS
    The end of Nirvana Nevermind,theres a hidden track,it was later released on that 'singles boxset thing and called 'Endless Nameless' its pretty much noise and shouting.. And the first 50,000 copies of Nevermind didnt even have it .

That was a temper tantrum that Kurt had (one of many) in the studio and they put it on the album. I think that's the story anyway.

As for Placebo, "Sleeping With Ghosts" definitely grew on me. I was thinking about which of their albums would be my favourite the other day but I never came to a conclusion. Each has its highlights. I also think that a lot of their b-sides are better than some of their album tracks, especially the covers they did.
    Anyhoo, that's my €0.02 :D

xxx me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

I heard theres a few secret tracks on Ronan Keatings new album. Theyre only secret cos no-ones bought the album

cheeeeeeeeese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

sleeping with ghosts has grown on me but placebo would still be my favourite i have to say... dunno about the new direction, it's different... i think i prefer the older stuff, but you never know, these things take time..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

apparently there is one on 1977 by ash too,but when i checked there wasn't

There're two pressing of 1977. I think ones serial number ends with and X.Not sure which one it is that has the hidden track ho :dunno:
    yeah, or if your listening to a cd whilst going to bed like 1977, and you get the fright of your life if youve fallen asleep. unfortunately enough for me i was listening to 1977 for the first time with friends in my room and we were all asleep and then i heard this vomitting noise and i woke up and was checking for the mouth the vomit was oozing from until i realsied it was the cd

hehe. was in the house on my own the first time I listened to Nevermind. At that stage I didn't even know "hidden" tracks existed. So listened to the whole thing full blast, went upstairs, forgot about it, and then the house began to shake as "Endless Nameless" kicked in......scared the beejayzus outta me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Hate that! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

The66e EP has a hidden track on it. I've been woken up by it on many a night!
    xxx me

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

Originally posted by dregin-x
    was in the house on my own the first time I listened to Nevermind. At that stage I didn't even know "hidden" tracks existed. So listened to the whole thing full blast, went upstairs, forgot about it, and then the house began to shake as "Endless Nameless" kicked in......scared the beejayzus outta me :D
    That happened me first time i listened to In Utero!
    By myself in the house when All Apologies ended so went to make myself a cuppa tea... and after a half hours silence someone suddenly screamed "she's only been...FIVE WEEKS late!!!" Scared the crap outta me i'll tell you:D
    If i'd looked at the box it says that Gallons of Rubbing Alcohol is on last but feckin hell it scared the life outta me.

Ash's 'Sick Party' is not pleasant to wake up to on yr walkman....heheh..espec if ya been out drinking.
    One of the funniest has gotta be Greendays 'i was alone'....
    Y.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

Originally posted by memaeve
    On one of the Placebo albums (I forget which one) the secret track as an answering machine message left on the band's machine by some psycho "fan" (I use the term loosely) stalker person. Real messed up s**t!

xxx me

Yes, it's a recording left on brian's answering machine of a computerised voice talking at the end of an aphex twin track ("Funny Little Man", from the 'come to daddy' ep).

In the same vein indeed is a secret hidden track on Autechre's unnamed 5th album (referred to usually as LP5). Rewind past the beginning of the first track and there's a hidden track.

I wonder how many people on this forum are reaching for their copies of LP5 right now.. somehow i'm not so optimistic :(

Advertisement