Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Move *Phatom* and other radio boards into Music/Radio Category?

• 04-04-2002 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Well seeing as we have a lovely new Music/Radio category, why not move the actual "Radio" boards into this section!?

Makes sense to me.

Move *Phatom* and other radio boards into Music/Radio Category? 18 votes

By gosh! He's onto something!
    0% 0 votes
    Bugger that...
    77% 14 votes
    I like Cheesecake.
    22% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

well with all the off topic crap on that board i woudlnt wish it on anyone :devious:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

yeah it makes sense to me but I think they are reluctant to do it because they'd be mixing community forums with regular forums in the same section

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

But it is a radio station, moreso then a community

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I think it would make sense to have all the music forums together. And to add a hip hop one too *cough*

I wouldn't make sense to give each type of music it's own forum in my opinion we'd have dance, metal, hip-hop, indie, r n b...etc it;d judt get out of hand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

That's very true.
    It would be ridiculous.

Although for some reason I don't mind 'Dance' having it's own forum.

But as far as having forums for each stlye?
    It would be pointless.

With that said, can I have my own forum!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

in my opinion the old Music/Radio and the Phantom Fm boards seemed to both be the same sort of thing. Any music thread I was interested in was on either one or the other and I could never remeber which so I'd always have to check both. I think it would make perfect sense to merge the two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Alb,
    Phantom Fm have a community board becuase they are... exactly that. They moved the board over last june after the overhaul of their site and its very much their own patch, in the sense of boards.ie.

1.If you are suggesting the merging of the Phantom Board with the Music Board- thats highly unlikely

2.If youa re suggesting the inclusion of the Phantom board on the Music/Radio Dropdown- thats possible, but still unlikely as Phantom are in essence best placed in the community forum- mainly because they can only ever reach the metropolitan area of dublin, nothwithstanding the range of topics they discuss.

you can listen on the internet from anywhere in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Ok I understand why they have a community board and that makes sense. What i don't understand is why nearly all the threads on it are about music in general. Just looking at it now there' sones abotu wittness, kurt cobain etc... none of this is phantom FM specific, and you end up getting another thread about wittness on the music/radio board for example.

Mebbe the phantom ppl shoudl just post the stuff directly relating to the station on that board and use the music/radio one for general music stuff. Or is it that these ppl all know each other well and want to have their own music discussions away from the rest of the boards ppl? I don't understand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

The best comparison I can give is the IrelandOFFline board.

It covers many issues that could as easily be discussed on the Nets/Comms board, but becuase we are an entity perpheral to boards, akin to Phantom FM, it is inapropriate to group them together.

Advertisement