Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lobby forum

• 04-04-2002 9:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭

Should there be a 'lobby' type forum for all the non-specific waffly topics that end up in After Hours, like when someone posts a news event or the like? e.g. boards.ie/vbulletin > After Hours > After Hours > Big fire down in the Docks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Specifically what topics should be in After Hours?

That said maybe another general After Hours type board might be good for load balancing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think it gets landed with the brief of "non-work stuff, social social and stuff that doesn't fit", more what it isn't than what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I reckon After Hours does the job of Lobby just fine, at the moment.
    I honestly dont see the need for change there.

Just my 2 cent or is it 2 cents?

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Originally posted by amp
    Specifically what topics should be in After Hours?

That said maybe another general After Hours type board might be good for load balancing.

Is that an attempt to get rid of me amp :P

The way Ive always looked at the board is as a general disccussion one(within reason), when not covered by other forums...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

I quite like the mix of topics to be found in After Hours.

Its a busy forum though - why not get Bard or someone to lend a hand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Terminator

I don't think Bard would be too keen to take it up....:D:p I vote phaxx for mod!! :D

Seriously, I don't totally understand what he means - is it some sort of apporval area before they get moved into after hours or......
    I would have thought after hours was the home for "non-specific, waffly topics".

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Monty - the one and only

Is that an attempt to get rid of me amp :P

Not at all Monty, in fact I don't see anything wrong with After Hours per say at all. You do a great job. I love you.

In fact, the fact it's just yourself modding, that says to me that another board isn't required. And if one ever is required I'd fully expect you to be modding it as well as After Hours.

Hmmm too much factual arse licking above, thus: Foreskin cheese, Buffy is crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It's just that there After Hours forum is now no longer the 'first' forum / board that people come to on the various lists of boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Originally posted by Terminator

Tis quite busy indeed, but for the most part I havent really found the need to get help with it, namely because I catch quite a few things before alot of people see them(probably has something to do with the fact that I'm online at least 14- 18hrs a day...scarey isnt it;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I'll give ya a hand monty if ya want..always have a boards window open :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by Monty - the one and only

Tis quite busy indeed, but for the most part I havent really found the need to get help with it, namely because I catch quite a few things before alot of people see them(probably has something to do with the fact that I'm online at least 14- 18hrs a day...scarey isnt it;))
    woohoo i'm not the only one... aww

/*self esteem rises to near healty levels*

Advertisement