Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish Posts

Options
  • 04-04-2002 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

This is slightly off the topic of Ireland Offline, but only because of the crap that needs shuffling through to find an intelligible post. Many interesting topics are put forward, only to be congested with waffle and pointless dribble.

For instance the thread "DSL Broadband soon?"

A question is asked about the release of dsl, and the thread turns into a conversation about disability, which has just recently been discussed in a 4/5 page thread:

"As the state pays my telephone "rental" it would in fact be "illegal" for "Eircom" to disconnect my telephone line - as I do not pay for it" - Nothing to do with the thread?

Reason I'm posting this here, and not to an admin, is because I'd like to see some feedback from others, am I the only one this irritates, and can it be stopped?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I dont think many people like wading thru all that. With Bard and Dahamsta leaving, its a bit unavoidable tho.
    Just put those people that are annoying you on ignore till friday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

kamobe,

Rubbish THREAD?, Worst offence of ALL. Enough said.

paddy20:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

REPLY to kamobe

YES, I do "agree" with what you are saying.

there are "SOME PEOPLE" here that love nothing better than to post utter crap all day long and MOAN about nothing.

We'll just have to be "PATIENT" ???

The new moderators will be here soon, "hopefully".

yellum.

Yellum,

Please could you explain to me what exactly is a "TROLL"?
    I have looked it up in the "Oxford English Dictionary" but can not find any reference to the word - Troll - and computing?.

Hope you can help.

Thanks,

paddy20.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I actually fell for that Yellum, I genuinely fell for it. :)

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

lol yellum, well done :)

paddy20 - A troll is a bad thing. Don't worry though, I'm pretty confident you arent one.

do you even want to know why so many of us hate you? i sense not. feel free to email me, i will carefully point out many of the mistakes you have made. maybe you've been stuck inside all your life and lack experience with social interactions? maybe you have a mental handicap aswell, i dont know, but you don't come off as a "nice person™".

until you RESOLVE ??? your "ISSUES"?... please stop excreting bull**** into this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

This forum used to be quite interesting. I came here a lot to find out the latest info on ADSL etc. But now its usually full of useless troll posts. It would be nice if we could use some kind of Troll filter so I don't have to go through the 70% of posts here that are complete rubbish.

I would like to say thanks to dahamsta though. If it wasn't for your interesting posts here in the forum I probably would never come back here at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by paddy20
    Yellum,

Please could you explain to me what exactly is a "TROLL"?
    I have looked it up in the "Oxford English Dictionary" but can not find any reference to the word - Troll - and computing?.

Hope you can help.

Thanks,

paddy20.

Paddy20, once again it's obvious that you haven't read the F**KING RULES... if you had you'd have found a link to a dictionary definition of the common Usenet term "troll".

READ THE RULES.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Just to be hypocritical and post on a thread complaining about people posting crap.. but anyway. I reckon paddy20 should be banned. This forum is different from others in that it represents, informally, to a certain extent, Ireland Offline. People that don't adhere to this view should be booted. His posts are ridiculous, uninformed and useless.

An enormous amount of the crap on the board comes from him. The posts on the board should have to be approved before they are allowed. I'd volunteer.. but I don't have the time :)

Gav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

AH now ""I DON'T think PAdd"Y Twen2-Ty "should"" be BANNED??!! He BRINGS A much nee"ded "HINT" of "jocularity????"" to the foruM DOESN'T HE? "

WHAt's A"T"RolL?

.logic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I'd just like to say that the shight that has been posted is beyond a joke.

As for Admin-ing the board, talk about a thankless task!
    Well done for sticking it as long as they did!

X

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

Could be called ADSL/Flatrate/Disability loads of polls on the subject, no moderator.
    Endless bitching and moaning could tolorated in this forum.
    Dthasma and Bard would be banned from posting here:)
    Threads could be moved from all other forums that paddy posts to into this forum.

Originally posted by bricks
    Could be called ADSL/Flatrate/Disability loads of polls on the subject, no moderator.
    Endless bitching and moaning could tolorated in this forum.
    Dthasma and Bard would be banned from posting here:)
    Threads could be moved from all other forums that paddy posts to into this forum.
    [/QUOTE..

bricks,

Funny you should suggest that at this moment ? Very good idea.
    WATCH THIS SPACE?.

paddy20:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

Sigh. Thankfully folks you'll be happy to know that its only 22 hours until your new mods come along and kick some ass, oh yeah and hopefully ban a few punters too. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Manic

Originally posted by Dangger
    Sigh. Thankfully folks you'll be happy to know that its only 22 hours until your new mods come along and kick some ass, oh yeah and hopefully ban a few punters too. ;)
    I hope they do not have the same attitude as you though. Two wrongs never made a right. Or will you prove me wrong?

Manic

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Manic

I hope they do not have the same attitude as you though. Two wrongs never made a right. Or will you prove me wrong?

Manic

Well I hope they have exactly the same attitude as Dangger, - who is Dave Long - IrelandOFFLine's Chairman - a dedicated and honest man with some great ideas and some great people behind him.

Advertisement