Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nothing from subwoofer

• 05-04-2002 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭

I just got a pressie of a creative 4 point surround speeker system but I'm getting nothing from the subwoofer useing my creative jukebox

http://ie.europe.creative.com/jukebox/home.asp

I don't have a sound card suitable to test it on the pc yet so I don't know if it's the woofer or the jukebox

any Ideas

Macker

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

Correction , I can hear very slight base with my ear up real close ,could this be a problem with the way the Cd was ripped

Macker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Conduct the following highly technical test.
    Play a retail music CD if you can with that Jukebox thing. Up the volume up and stick your finger in the hole in the sub. You should feel some vibrations.
    Also make sure that the bass knob on the Sub itself isn't turned down to low. Although this might only be for when it's hooked up to a PC.

It could be a setting on the Jukebox but I'm not familiar with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

plug the speakers into a walkman or something

bomb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Originally posted by BattlingCheese

Also make sure that the bass knob on the Sub itself isn't turned down to low.

What he said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Not quitteeee the same, but I had a problem with my creative labs speaker set too.

I have an Audigy Platinum soundcard and a DTT3500 speaker set hooked up to two pcs. The old pc has 2 channel analogue, whilst the new pc (with the audigy) uses digital 5.1 surround.

The problem for a long time was that I could get no sound off the new pc. Turns out it was the amp for the speaker set had the wrong settings for digital play.

Perhaps you might have a problem slightly similar? I dunno

• Advertisement
Advertisement