Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingdom Hearts

Options
  • 05-04-2002 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭

I was on the play online website looking at a trailerof this. Initialy I thought it looked cool, kind of like FFIX. Then all of a sudden it's got a whole mess of Disney chars. What the **** is going on with this game?
    Anyone played it(shinji)? or know anything about it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

It's a collaboration between Disney and Square - an RPG developed by Square, using a combination of Disney and Squaresoft characters.

Bizarre concept, but by all accounts it works really, really well. It features characters from FF7, FF8, FF9 and FFX, a few other "guest appearances", and a whole pile of Disney characters... When you think about it, this kinda works. Final Fantasy is the most popular "imaginary world" in Japan, Disney is the most popular in the West...

By all accounts the game - in its Japanese form - is great, the Disney stuff doesn't feel particularly twee, the characters are superb and the gameplay is fun. The plotline is also said to be very dark by Disney standards - much closer to a Square plot than a Disney one, which makes sense when you realise that Tetsuya Miziguchi directed it - and it'll be interesting to see if Disney decide to mess around with it prior to US release. I hope not - in the fact of FFXI being a pile of poo, this looks like one of the best hopes for a fun Square RPG in the next 12 months.

(Apart from Xenosaga, of course. But then Xenosaga is less "RPG" and more "Religious experience akin to staring into the face of God himself"...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Cheers for the info.
    FFXI bad? that's a damn shame. Is that going to be pay per play?

Advertisement