Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whee!! Wheee! Yippee! Yahoo!!!! Yessssss!

Options
  • 05-04-2002 6:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭

im going to ctyi !!! i get to go this year! i spent all of my time since session 1 this summer worrying about whether or not i would get to go, and my mommy and i filled out all of those crap forms the other day! and ... YEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <jumps up and clicks heels> <claps hands like dolphin> YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Cool, what session you doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

YAY CLARE! Knew it was you as soon as I saw the heading! I think you're the only person that hyper I know!
    Anyways, what session are you doing? What course have you applied for? Let me guess, anything other than pharmacology? Anyone heard a foghorn? <BO-RING>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

YAY!

And there's only 2 (or 3 depending on session) months left until CTYI!!
    YAY!
    Of course, for some of the Irish folke there is the little obstacle of the Junior Cert. (Yes, I know there are gonna be 10+ HA! msgs and another 10 "Itts soo easy!"ones)
    But YAY!

_
    "OF COURSE its not a permanent sig!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Alk3

Yeah, I gotta go into CTYI on the Tuesday instead of the Sunday because of the Junior Cert. Bastids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

we have finals, but its not as crappy, well, i dont know. it only decides your grade in each class for the year... anyways, we get that all done with the last week of school and everythings over by June 6th. Gee whillickers school must last a long time for you guys. do you get lots of breaks or get off of summer break late or something? i am doing session 1. I guess a bunch of you are session 2ers... at least thats what i think, but maybe you could come and visit me! so i can meet all of you! that would be very cool. I really only know a couple of you. Fio lived across the hall from me last year... i have a splendid picture of you fionnuala, in your red nighty with the teddy bear or something and sarah, and joanne (RA) is yelling at all of us to go to bed, but we are in our rooms, we are just all huddled in our doorways talking to each other, so she really cant do anything about it. and i remember the last night when we all had a mountain of biscuits and random food that we hadnt eaten during the previous three weeks. lots of tangerines. lots. and digestive biscuits or whatever they are. im uneducated on the fine subject of Irish foods. well, i know what a tangerine is, im not THAT stupid. anyways, they were all in the hallway, but WE werent technically in the hallway. ah, the memories.... and i only have one years worth!!!!!! wowie zowie! how wouls you spell that? wowee zowee, wow-ie zow-ie, wowy zowy? none of them sound right......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Wow, i'm guessing that last post is pretty much the result of unlimited internet access!

Yes, i intend to be visiting session 1 at some point, and bug people! and bring food to people who need it!

So yes, there are plenty people i'll have to meet up with. we'll have to organise a meeting day then,sometime prior to CTYI.

When do the course things come out? as in telling you what course you got?

Clare, if you were a friend of Fio's i may have been introduced to you. don't know though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Clare was the shortish girl in shorts (alot) and a big smile all the time :)

She was a friend of mine, in my RA group too

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭lazer

hi alaska girl...

just a question, dont get me wrong, but do u come all the from alaska every summer?

i attended CTYI in 90 or 91

yup! shore do lazer! youre wondering... why? because its waaaaay better than USA CTY ( alot less rules ) , and i get to go to a different continent, and i like all of you people! and everyoone was nicce to me, and its, well, a haven from normality. its the highlight of my year. something to look forward to during the winter. i sound obsessed. but i'm really not! its just s asnazzy place to be, as i think we all know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

well I will be able to visit Session 1 as well, thanks to the fact that my bro will be doing it this year(I finally convinced him) and I will have easy access into DCU :)

oh and just to let u know, me and my bro don't actually get on, so I will not be pointing him out to nebody

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭lazer

sounds great alaskagirl!! good to see u are having fun in eire! :D

enjoy CTYI :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Alk3

Hey, I'm finally going to meet alaskagirl at session one -- mighty!*

*Obligatory culchie / bogger reference.

yayyyy! this is a super radical day. except the fact that i went to a funeral.... but i didnt really know the person very well. actually, i think my mother and i have joined the "funeral of the month" club. seriously, someone we know dies every month. its kind of annoying. and ausgust is really bad. last august, three people we know died. and two of them were my age. ITS VERY ANNOYING, as i said. but it has given me a chance to realize that nearly half of my wardrobe is black. which was a great surprise to me, seeing as i considered myself a very colorful person. But then i realized that i go to alot of funerals, evening events, and other stuff that requires black. and im in alot of stupid orchestral concerts. last year i got a whole new black outfit for one of the orchestras i was in, because we had a bunch of concerts. i seriously have black skirts in 3 inch increments from mid thigh to floor length. its cool! well, its probably nothing new, but its weird for me because i didnt realize it until just recently. and i have black stuff for dance, and black stuff for when i want to dress up and scare people in elevators, wow! and like, a whole bunch of my shoes are black! i am having HUGE revelations!i think i will take a complete inventory when i get home tonight!wow! now i m going to dinner i think! bye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

clare-what instrument do you play??is it a school orchestra??

i would ask you this in msn but you *always* seem to be away when i'm on

sorry! i am only rarely home/awake when you are on. the only person i ever get to talk to is Sven. My msn is nearly always logged on though because im just too darned lazy too turn it off. Im not avoiding you!

ennyway.... i play the violin. this year im just in the school orchestra, last year i was in the city "talented youth" orchestra or whatever (another one of those "talented" but not really situations.) and also my school's orchestra. i didnt try out for the other one (AYS, Anchorage Youth Symphony) this year because i was busy and too lazy to practice that much. Oh well. Plus i need to get a private teacher. Anybody know a good one in my area?

Advertisement