Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Magazine

• 05-04-2002 8:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Ok I know it was crap.... but I don't seem to be getting the mag anymore, I got one in January and before that I got one in Septemeber. It used to be monthly. Anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

probably just you.. i get all mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i get all mine now, but when i first subscribed i didnt get it at all.
    I had to ring sky and wait 30 mins to get through to the right person who could sort out my details

so get on the phone, but make sure you have 30 or so mins to spare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭four_star

i got two this month. it is really crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 brenny2506

I got mine only yesterday (4th)

Normally it arrives around around 23rd or 24 of previous month.

:tired:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Maybe your address is slightly wrong on the Sky computer. I had a major problem with them over this. I signed up through eircom, so it was all done over the phone. I received the viewing card, etc. but I never received any contracts from them, however I managed to receive a letter telling me to send them in - or else! I rang them numerous times and they kept telling me one had already been sent out, but they would send out another one anyway. Eventually (after being cut off :( ) I asked them what address they had for me on the computer and they read it out. It turned out that they were missing out the Dunmore East part of my address (the most important part besides my name!) and as soon as it was corrected I got 2 contracts. It doesn't really explain how I got the other mailings, but this is Sky after all.

Glenn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

you know you have to pay ur sky bill to get it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 AJC

I'm not that pushed about the mag really, I'm a bit concerned in case they send out new cards cos I'm not in the ROI and I hope the mail re-direction is working ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Theres a Sky magazine ????????????
    LOL
    I have Sky 18 months now and got 3 in total .
    kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

I really expected there to be an announcement in the Sky mag this month re: RTE. Since they half-customise* the magazine for Irish readers, I would've thought that this would be the biggest local news story for them in a long time.

*By half-customise, I mean that

1. they customise 100% of the ads (always an eye for a fast buck, eh?)
    2. take out 100% of the material that relates to UK terrestrials (lest we get ideas above our station) and
    3. Replace a page or two with 'Irish' News stories or tweak certain stories to have an Irish twinge to them.

Some brilliant examples of this half-approach:

1. There is a feature on Wanderlust (N2 travel / dating program) being shown on Living TV from this month - nothing in the article mentions RTE a fact that would've meant nothing to UK readers and a lot to Irish readers.

2. An invitation to visit sky.com to learn about 'The Poms guide to all things Aussie' - possibly a niche feature aimed at the target group 'English Ex-pats in Ireland who subscribe to Sky'.

Advertisement