Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job search in Non-IT sector (Chemistry)

• 05-04-2002 9:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

A friend of mine just graduated with an MSc equivalent degree in Physical Chemistry from a university in Rome (he has fluent english).

He's looking for a job in Dublin area - anyone got helpful links or contacts for this type of job? Or anecdotes about the industry etc?

More info available if nec.

Cheers,
    Al.

btw no google links reqd thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

Heres an fun story..... chemistry sucks and i pity your friend a very large amount :)

I finish my degree in pure chemistry in about 5 weeks, have worked in two companies (AGB scientific and Jameson distilleries)

Try AGB, they might have work, but its not really lab work, more sales and crap like that but a knowledge of chemistry is handy (sorta)

Jameson are good if you like the taste of whiskey (i don't as it happens)
    Doing things like testing colours, removing taste and stuff like that, interesting but not good pay (once again , f1cking great if you like drinking whiskey or whatever else they make)

G'luck

Advertisement