Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

greatest hip hop group/person ever

Options
  • 05-04-2002 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

does exactly what it says on the tin ^

greatest hip hop group/person ever 2 votes

De La Soul
    0% 0 votes
    Tribe called quest
    50% 1 vote
    Eric B and Rakim
    50% 1 vote
    Naughty by nature :)
    0% 0 votes
    NWA
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Sorry,

Your missing Afrika Bombaata.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

errrrrr

Grandmaster Flash?
    Public Enemy?
    KRS-1/BDP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

No offense, but it's retarded to have a poll like that. Ultramagnetic MC's is what first comes to mind when i think of groups that are missing but there should be 20 or 30 names up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 stresslemania

word - although i think kool keiths solo stuff is better.

anyway who cares - best ever lists are for stupid babies.
    why dont you try and turn heads onto new hip hop?
    you do know some new hip hop stuff, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Da_Kid

Jesus you've nobody in that stupid poll...I could take years going through the list of better emcees...seriously, get rid of the poll and just ask us...out of that few, a Tribe Called Quest is the only half-decent pick...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Ive only heard of the last 2.Get a little more mainstream!What about Biggie,Tupac,Dr Dre[well,partly taken care of under NWA]Snoop Dogg,P.Diddy,Jay Z,D12, etc etc etc etc.All the famous ones and most of the choices are z list groups from the early 80s?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Da_Kid

P.Diddy

*Shudder*

...please, don't mention, him, ever again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

whatever about loads of ppl being missing fromt he pole (which they are) NWA don't belong in it, they are gangsta rap not hip hop, actually naughty by nature are also to a lesser extent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

Has to be NWA they cool!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by The Gopher
    Ive only heard of the last 2.Get a little more mainstream!What about Biggie,Tupac,Dr Dre[well,partly taken care of under NWA]Snoop Dogg,P.Diddy,Jay Z,D12, etc etc etc etc.All the famous ones and most of the choices are z list groups from the early 80s?

Ouch!
    Avoid that button that says post reply if that's what your gonna say, you'll just end up making yourself look bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

You forgot Aidan Walsh too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Originally posted by alb
    whatever about loads of ppl being missing fromt he pole (which they are) NWA don't belong in it, they are gangsta rap not hip hop, actually naughty by nature are also to a lesser extent

Now, thats just utter sh1t talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

Sorry I left loads of people out but I was bored so I started a poll and they are all the bands I could think of. And they title say hip hop "type" person so NWA are allowed. If you don't agree don't vote :confused::(:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

sorry mp but tribe called quest kick nwa arse's!
    only good mc in nwa is ice cube
    cant beat tribe for layed back mc'eeing
    also de la soul are excellent

Advertisement