Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doves are back...

Options
  • 05-04-2002 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

You've probably heard the single, "There goes the fear"? I like it, alot. It's released on April 15th afaik, and is deleted the same day, so if you're a fan, get out and buy it. The new album is out on April 29th, the day my college exams start :( It's called "The Last Broadcast", and personally I can't wait. Lost Souls is one of my all time favourite albums, it really grew on me after some initial disappointment. The Cedar Room is definetly one of my all time favourite singles. Anyone else looking forward to Doves' return?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pencapchew

The new single is great although it took a while to grow on me. I love lost souls and can't wait to get the new album.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

i cant wait. i really like the new single. I heard a couple of other tracks from the album on the album show on 2fm and i was very impressed. I think we are in for an album of the year.
    Any1 know if they plan to play here in the near future? I assume they will be playing witnness but unfortunatly I wont be around:mad:

Check out this article on the saviours of rock.

Tune in to the album show on 2fm as the dj will be playing selected tracks from the album.
    Brilliant, 'there goes the fear' is playing right now on phantom:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭poobags

Doves certainly do rock but the new single sounds a bit dodgy. Lost souls was quality. I hope the new one lives up it.
    They will play a date in Ireland apart from witnness. Keep checkin their website

Tom Dunne will be playing a few tracks from the album on petsounds tonight after 9. Be sure to tune in.........in the next 10 mins.

Doves will be appearing on 'Later with Jools Holland' on friday night at 11:35 on BBC2.
    Elvis Costello and Badly Drawn Boy will also be on the show..........
    ......BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Lost Souls. Great, great album. Looking forward to this one..

• Advertisement

Any1 else see doves on later with jools holland? I have to say that I was impressed. (Elvis Costello and Badly Drawn Boy were not on but will be appearing in future shows this season)

I was pissed off 2day when I found out that there are no b-sides on their single 'there goes the fear' released today.:mad:

Still cant wait for the album:D .........Roll on April 29:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

I went out and bought the singleI'm very impressed by it, there didn't seem to be too many copies of it up here in Galway. It only cost me €3.10, so I don't mind that all thats on it is the basic track and the cd-rom video. Apparently the video contains the edited version, and the single is the only way this is obtainable commercially. The 10" vinyl has an extra track, "Hit the ground running". Rumour is that 'some' of the cd singles contain something extra too, gained my scanning back through the start of "There goes..."

/me runs home to check.

I also assumed they'd be playing witnness, and I still think they will, but they have been confirmed as playing with New Order on the 13th of July (Day one of witnness) in Manchester. This doesn't rule them out of day two by any means (nor even day one..) just I hope they do come over...

It was E6.50 in Virgin, Dublin. Rip off for just 1 choon me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pencapchew

i got a promo copy of the new album, "the last broadcast", a while back.
    these are the songs on it:

1.there goes the fear
    2.words
    3.friday's dust
    4.pounding
    5.the sulphur man

these songs took a while to grow on me, but i really like them now :)

Update :)

You can listen to Pounding, The Sulphur Man, Intro (Wh00t) and There goes on www.doves.net now. They had some player problems, but just read the news and you'll see its sorted now. Pounding is turning into a favourite of mine. Very uplifting!

Also, bigger news!

You can hear the whole album tomorrow (the 24th) on www.nme.com

http://www.nme.com/news/101495.htm

• Advertisement

I see Doves got to number 3 in the british charts with the wonderful 'There Goes the Fear'. It got to number 27 in the Irish charts. Im predicting the album will go to number 1 here and in britain. Looks like its going to be a stomper of an album! Yeah, Pounding is a great track. Possible next single.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

I thought you means speckled doves like cos im flookin mad me!

Bought the album today, despite the fact that it's not supposed to be available until monday. /me shrugs.

Haven't had the chance to listen to it properly, but what I'm hearing now sounds good, but not immediately striking. Sort of expected it to be a slow grower though...

Anyone else buy it yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 walls_fan

It's a class album. 'There Goes The Fear' is probably the best track on it.

Advertisement