Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

melaton gig

Options
  • 05-04-2002 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Congrats to melaton who absolutely rocked TBMC last night. They are ridiculously talented for their ages.

I'd describe the singer as "a young glen hansaard with a touch of the jeff buckleys". In other words, he's brill.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 TriggerGene

missed the gig unfortunately - but i did see them mime on open house(hahahaha) on rte today
    really really hope sony music doesnt have them by the balls now that theyre signed
    i know theyre young and all - but im sure these guys dont need to pretend theyre good when theyre on tv. in fact i guess they felt more akward 'stroking' theyre instruments rather than playing them
    heres hopin for more LIVE televised performances!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Zodiac_Lounge

Agree 100% with Soma, they rocked the house. The flute player was a suprise additon and their stage presence is getting better by each gig. JJ72 watch your ass the new kids are on the block. Can't wait for the EP.

Watch this space for an acoustic gig in the Zodiac Lounge in May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Minerva

yeah..the flautist was top class.
    made them sound like dave matthews band.
    i was well impressed...never heard them before & got dragged to the gig.
    a good few of their songs are samey...but they have some slick bits - timing signature changes, tempo changes.
    i for one was impressed.
    although...they didnt blow me away as much as charis the other night at the ruby sessions...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bec

melaton were brilliant last night. every1 seemed to have a great time. well done to them
    luv becca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 matilda

ok gig, but for me they are the waterboys meets starsailor and
    a bit on the booring side - It is not a good sign when people spend most of the gig talking

but who knows a bit more hype and they could be the next big thing - not much noise for the amount of them on stage though

let's just say I would not go again but we all have our tastes and fair play to the lads

• Advertisement
Advertisement