Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamweaver problem

Options
  • 05-04-2002 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭

I have a page done with Dreamweaver and when I open it up it the <FRAME src="blah"> don't load correctly because Dreamweaver changes puts a "/" before the src (i.e. <FRAME SRC="/blah">). How do I stop this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭beserker

hmmm the / shouldnt make a difference but try putting in the whole url to the frame page url]http://blah.com/blah/blahblah.blah[/url ? dw wont touch it if ya do that. But why not just open up the page in notepad afterwards and del the / yourself. if you dont change the frameset all that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Notepad is your friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

i tried changing it in notepad but if i open up dreamweaver and just save it without making changes DW changes it back to a /

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭beserker

I meant use notepad the very last thing before you up it to your host. when your finished with everything in dw.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭tmcd

follow me on this one
    select one of your pages in dw type in a bit of text when turning that text to a link, notice where it says:
    file name:
    files of type:
    url:
    relative to:
    make that relative to "document" instead of "site root" and that gets rid of the /

• Advertisement
Advertisement