Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to get onto the internet! PLEASE

Options
  • 05-04-2002 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭

i just bought a pc,
    the prob is i do not know how to connect a pc upstairs to a telephone line jack downstairs
    the electrical wire that goes into the normal telephone jack?can a length of wire be gotten in an electrical store so as to extend the jack upstairs next to the pc?

otherwise does anybody know what is hould be asking for if i go into a DIY or other?
    the modem wire out of the pc is 7ft long yes,can you snip that and extend it downstairs to the telephone jack?
    OR,is it better bringing the jack upstairs next to the pc?
    I HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH HELL!!,as a first timer trying to connect,any advice on what equipment should be purchased as in cables....would be very appreciative
    THANKS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

You can pick up phone extension cables in most electrical shops. Dunno if youll get a 70ft one, so you may have to do a bit of DIY on it. Try posting to the Tech board or the Nets/comms board as they will be able to help you with the details of making that type of lead if you dont know how.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yea, just take out the 7ft long one and replace it with a...longer one.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Frenzy

Go to An Eircom store or any Phone shop. Thats where I got mine they come in Metres and of course you can connect 2 together.
    You'll also need a double connection plug addapter to put into your phone socket so Phone an computer will both be connected at the same time.

Advertisement