Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muuuuuuusssssssseeeeeeee Neeeeewwwwwsssssssss...........

Options
  • 05-04-2002 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

Speaking exclusively to NME.COM, singer Matt Bellamy said that the group had started recording demos for the follow-up to their 'Origin Of Symmetry' album, and will release a brand new, double A-side single, 'Dead Star' / 'In Your World' on June 3. Both tracks are taken from a new DVD, 'Hullabaloo', which follows on June 17.

'Hullabaloo' is a double DVD release with one disc featuring 18 live songs from their 2001 tour, recorded over two nights at the Paris Zenith, and the second containing documentary footage from a number of dates across the world.

Bellamy said: "We did a concert in Paris which we recorded for a DVD. One (disc) is the concert and the other is loads of us getting up to weird antics backstage and all sorts of weird ****ed-up **** on tour. That DVD is going to have a backing track of some music we did, some B-sides and some other music."

Bellamy told NME.COM that the single 'Dead Star' is "really ****ing heavy rock", but isn't necessarily an indicator of their direction for a third album.

Speaking about the group's future plans, he continued: "I'm writing new songs, hopefully we'll record an album this year and get it out for early next year. We've got a new single coming which is really ****ing heavy rock, really hard. Apart from that our new stuff is all over the place. But we won't finalise all the tracklisting and stuff until early next year."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭clevenger

**** muse

matt bellemy smokes the pink cigar

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

thank you for your informative and valued contribution

unfortunately, at this time we are unable to reply to your post, but rest assured that at our earliest opportunity we will not hesitate to flush it down the toilet.

that is all

[/end communication]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Someone got me a ticket for the Heineken Green Energy Festival and as soon as I found out Revs and Hives were playing I sold it immediately! I mean Muse are no great shakes themselves but what kind of **** support is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

well i want ot thank eyeliner boy for his information, ill be looking out for the new material :) i cant go see them though, ive no money, its so ****ty, i missed them at Witness last year cos i wanted to see Placebo instead. anyhoo, cheers, but how can someone is should obviously be respected for liking Muse thing Oasis are the greatest band in the world, or whatever it was you said? WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE WORLD???!

Advertisement