Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurance Companies

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kajo

A word of waring my brother had a his insurance via a broker with Hibernian.
    The broker made a small mistake in the form when he started the insurance and Hibernian would not stand by the policy.

Infact he was asked to show his his insurance by the Garda and only had a cover note.

The case went to court as the Garda said the cover note meant nothing.
    The judge agreed and said the cover note was not worth the paper it was written on.

Hibernian where in court and hung my brother even more by saying he made a false declaration even though he never filled in the form... he did sign it.

So a cover note means nothing .. you need a cert in your hand or ur banjaxed :)

Oh yeh he lost his licence for a year for no insurance thanks to Hibernian not issuing a cert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Bump- was reading this in the FAQ but the thread is like 5 years old- anyone know any decent brokers at the moment online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Bump- was reading this in the FAQ but the thread is like 5 years old- anyone know any decent brokers at the moment online.
    Britton Insurance in Donegal are fairly popular.

Shameless plug for Donegal business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

123.ie is fairly competitive. Also, since they are using Travellers now, their excess has come down a lot.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Bonito wrote: »
    Broken link

Have you checked the post ? It was posted in 2002 !! Of course they might not keep the design the same for over 7 years.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Marlow wrote: »
    Have you checked the post ? It was posted in 2002 !! Of course they might not keep the design the same for over 7 years.

/M
    lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 CarlBong

Hi
    Just imported my left-hand drive car to Ireland and need to insure it. However, most companies seem to refuse to insure it simply because the steering wheel is not on the right!
    Got any tips on what insurers would actually insure it?

Thanks

CarlBong wrote: »
    Hi
    Got any tips on what insurers would actually insure it?

Quinn and 123.ie do, 123.ie probably being the cheaper option.

/M

• Advertisement

/M

Cheers, will check them out!

/M

123 refused me on the grounds of me not having been resident in Ireland/UK for a full two years yet. Quinn quoted 800, AXA 500 - so went for them. It's not too bad considering I paid 300 when it was registered in a Stockholm suburb, and that everything in Ireland is so much more expensive.

CarlBong wrote: »
    123 refused me on the grounds of me not having been resident in Ireland/UK for a full two years yet. Quinn quoted 800, AXA 500 - so went for them. It's not too bad considering I paid 300 when it was registered in a Stockholm suburb, and that everything in Ireland is so much more expensive.

Insurance is extreme here. I paid something like 100 eur fully comp in Denmark, never owned a car while living in Stockholm as there was no point and that same car, that cost me 100 EUR in DK, costs me 1500 EUR here (VW Caravelle 2.5 TDI, LHD). So the pricing you got sounds like a bargain.

Now in fairness, the rate at 100 EUR back home was a special deal, I'd say normally would be more like 400-500 EUR, but still.

/M

Advertisement