Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weezer in Ireland... Say it is so

Options
  • 06-04-2002 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

We must bring the greatest band in the world to Ireland ... somehow. If everyone who wants to see them leaves a post maybe they will notice (it could happen).

Conor.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

well as unlikely as it seems i'd still love to see them.....

so you've got my support!!!!

Kurdt:knockedout:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 TheVoice

Yes I would love to see Weezer play like they were supposed to last december

Stephen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

yes, that would indeed be a most excellent gig.

feRdi:knockedout:

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

if you actually wanted to do something that might have an effect on getting them here petition interscope and/or MCD. that's where the problem lies - they don't think they'd make enough money out of it.

saw them in glasgow 2 weeks ago, and it was abso-fucking-lutely amazing.

on a slightly related note their new album is all over d'interneht now. and sucks almost as much as the green album. :/
    wouldn't be so bad but i really liked some of the early demos(eg death and destruction before the ****ty lyrics were added). you can get it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

:( Im afraid we have to face it!They are not goin to come in the next while.

For the fact that we live in Ireland and we wouldnt have such luck............but i really do want to c them too!

plus did anyone c Rivers beard its so strange!i dont know why!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

i went to T in the park last year and they were supposed to play and it was the whole reason i wnt and they cancelled but nobody was let know until the day they were supposed to be on how ****ty is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

i feel your pain mr. no legs. :hurt:
    i went to t in the park last year to see em too. and it was announced on the wednesday before the weekend that they pulled out to go shoot a video for island in the sun with marcos siega - was on weezer.com and tinthepark website as well as nme.com and other newsy places. although when we got there they were still in all the magazines and round-your-neck-timetable things. *sniff*
    not only that, but i also had tickets to go see them last november in glasgow and birmingham, but they were cancelled too. stung for about 100quid with flights that time. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

yeah i'd love to see weezer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 vk1

Keep the signatures coming. Hopefully phantom will keep playin loads =W= cause there so great.

Conor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Yeh that would indeed rock quite considerably!! I thought they might come over when they were playing in the uk but noooooo
    and Rivers does need to lose the beard ....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Yes a weezer gig would be very good

Weezer For President!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rainyness

Ok I've seen and met the band twice.
    Shepherds bush on july 5th last year and brixton academy last month.
    I've met and spoke to all the band. Including old bassiste mikey welsh and new one Scott.
    I confronted each member of the band last month about giging in ireland and the reply I got was went something like this from the one and only Patrick Wislon....

"Man we have nothing against Ireland at all. We totally wanna play there. Its one of the places the band are most excited about playing"

They dont deal with the actual tour ins and outs. So I got on to their tour manager who was kindly pointed out to me by some lady that was part of the tour crew. He said something along the lines of the offers they got from Venues in ireland werent that great but rest assured they will be coming on the next euorpean tour. This was a view expressed by them all...

Anyone that disbelieves me can be assured in the fact that I have got all their autographs for proof and pictures taken with pat and scott. whcih I will attach in the next post.

Weezer ROCK.
    Oh if anyone wants a bsides cd I've compiled I'd be happy to give you one if you come to my Gig in vicar street on may 4th 7.30pm. you get free cds and chocolate........

"The DOktor"

Well atleast we know they are coming. Your danm lucky to talk to them. They really do rock.

Conor.

P.S. I'd love to get that Bsides CD. What songs are on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Tara

Conor - is the attachment on your first post the petition? All I could see was a cool Weezer logo. Let me know where to sign.

Keep the signatures coming...you never know what could happen. Might be a pipe dream, but at least they will know that there is a demand for it.

Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭EpiphoneSpecial

Weezer would easily sell out the point for two nights or fill Croker the only problem is that the management cant see it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭poobags

You have my signature.

Person who went to see them: Did they play much old stuff cause I have no time for the green album. Its a bucket of sunripened
    cack. dat would really annoy me if they came and did all new stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭EpiphoneSpecial

pls check out the psot with Petition for Weezer to play Ireland in the forum.

Sign it if you meant what you said in this thread of posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rainyness

well you name a b-side by weezer and I'll reply with
    "heck yeah thats on it"

I have 'em all

I'll post a list of them later for ya when I get a chance.

But if anyone wants one come to my gig

The wesleyz may 4th in vicar street. we god damn well love weezer. Sure you know weezer only influenced me to be in a band. You get freed cd of us and chocolate and after the gig i'll be hangin around so you can get the weezer cd off me then no charge. one catch though its €10 in on the night. doors 7.30.

This aint an advertisement and I aint tryin to get publicity of weezers back but seriously I'll give a cd to anyone that wants one for free I just thought the gig would be cool to do it at. WE'll be covering a weezer song. Guess which one!! its reall real real easy.....

Slan
    "The Doktor"

Is it The Sweater Song???

Were playin that tomorow in The Basement (we being Fall-Out) cause it's the most fun song ever.

Keep adding signatures cause they really are great.

Conor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭freakofnature

i'd love to go to see weezer but ONLY if rivers shaves his beard!

Advertisement