Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feck it on high, I'm on a low...

Options
  • 06-04-2002 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

I believe someone said it once before...

"Fúck it, I'm not going to CTYI this summer. Life is so unfair, damn everything." and so on and so on...

Well, today, and for the rest of my days until next year, I shall have to be repeating that very phrase.

Yes kiddos, Mike is not a happy bunny. Mike is not going to CTYI this year.

Reasons being...

- Every manner of fúcked-up-edness
    - Family getting mortgage to pay for new house in Donegal, and being rather cheap as to not be able to let me go.
    - Combination of the above two.

However, I should be going up to DCU for a couple of days to visit some old buddys. Lots of things pending.

Well, that's all from me for now. Anyone got any last grasp suggestions...

Talk to you all soon,

Mike...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Well... I've seen people arrive as commuters and get upgraded to residential for free as there were free places left. so i'm sure it must be possible to ring the site office with a week to go till ctyi starts and ask are there any free places and get in at cutthroat prices...

but maybe not.

try it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

waaaaaaaahhhh!!!!! i thought that of the two of us, I would be the one not going!!!!! what is the world coming to??????? eeeergg! you definitely have to come and visit us though!!!!! rats! drat! rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Smiley

Ah poo...

Sorry I haven't been online in a while....what with the manic despair and depression setting in, I haven't had much time on the web.

Oh well...as far as me going to CTYI goes...well, I would have tried to be a commuter, and infact there was at one time a very good possibility that I would have gone as a commuter, but my services are required for moving heavy objects at that particular time...so that's pretty much fúcked up...

Crap it...looks like it's alcoholism for me.....*fake sigh and fake sad expression* hehe...alcoholism could be interesting....

Ok...I must go attend to impending alcoholism,

Stay tuned,

Mike...

NOOOOOO!!!!!!

NOT ALCOHOLISM!!!!!! ANything but! How about shrubberism? Garden Hoseism? Mothball-ism? Anything but alcoholism. .......oh, wait, thats more accepted over there isnt it? is it? im confusing myself now, somebody save me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

No. It's not more accepted, just more common. Although we supposedly do have the highest rate of teetotalers in europe... or so i've heard.

• Advertisement

And I am just about prepared to join that high rate of teetotalers....

Excuse me whilst I join the high rate of teetotalers...

Goodbye now.....

M...

i am still quite upset that you arent coming. you have to visit. or i will kill you. or someone. it will not be pretty, or lady like ( not that i usually am). but ANYWAYS, i will have to resort to violence. so visit us. alot. and tell me when you are coming, so i can be there. yes. thats a command. and dont you go and do anything stupid either. it will not be appreciated. no death or drugs or whatnot. no. not acceptable. so take of yourself at least until july. then you may go and do whatever you want. oh god. i sound like my mother. NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! i didnt think it would happen this soon!!!! this cant happen to me! ....must.....do......stupid....teenager......things.......ack.

but anyways, yeah.... ok, so behave yerself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Christine

Originally posted by lordsippa
    Well... I've seen people arrive as commuters and get upgraded to residential for free as there were free places left. so i'm sure it must be possible to ring the site office with a week to go till ctyi starts and ask are there any free places and get in at cutthroat prices...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I was at the awards tingy today and was telking to Sheila. The safety regulations have been changed so they can only have two to a room. They have to write to Dublin ppl and ask them to commute cos there won't be enough beds. The upshot is that, really, the above probably won't happen this year. Sorry again.

Feck...

Well...there's a chance that I might be going...

You see if we can get this god darn house sold in time, we might have the extra money to send me to CTYI...

And that would be extremely cool...

But yeah, I'll be visiting...

Stay tuned,

Mike...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news also but that IS happening this year.
    I've already heard 4/5 people tell me that they've been called and told that they may NOT get res this year.
    Nrgh....
    That'll be not nice n stuff...

Time for a rebellion me thinks!!!!!!
    Let's go get them! Yeah I agree. So do i.
    *coughs*shut up voices you'll. they're onto you. *coughs*

Anyways. Big reunion this Saturday in Sheila's office!!! :-p

• Advertisement
Advertisement