Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting two pc's

• 28-04-2001 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

I know some basic stuff,
    Ive a choice bewteen connecting em with there serial ports or with the parrallel ports.
    I know that the parrallel is faster.

I also know how to set it up..
    but..
    Is that kinda setup just for file transfer ?
    Is it possible to play games over that kinda connection ?
    Ive no network cards im just gonna use the windows direct cable connection thingy.

All in all is all we are.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Yup, many happy hours have been spent playing games over a dcc, you shouldn't have any problems once you have it set up.

have fun smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

its setting up windows dcc thats the hard bit. its notoriously dodgy...
    a lot of games (although less ans less these days) have their own "direct cable connection" option.. always go with that before anything else, much less hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭[SN]JAG

i remember the last time i did that in my house, the only problem i ran into was my pc ran on Win95 and my friends ran on Win 98 took me 6 hours to find the simple solution in all the txts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

I got the connection in maplin today.. and the big headed foreign guy informed me that, games on dcc was a no no...
    He wanted to sell me networks cards, thats what he wanted !
    crafty swine.

All in all is all we are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

no surely not they are so helpful in maplin theyd never do such a thing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

hey X u know what im up to

joey joe joe junior shabadu...thats the worst name i ever heard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

ya u can play over serial (although i failed in a recent endever!) but you try a usb connection, not sure but u may need a usb hub.

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

Advertisement