Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Counter-Strike Board admin review?

• 06-04-2002 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

So any prospects for unlocking the board soon, or is the locking a permanent thing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

whats the point on unlocking it? its good atm without the constant spamming. why change a good thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

what phreak said, people get on when they request it and thats a good system, i know they wont let you on sly, but theres no spam, so maybe thats a good thing ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

I have to agree with the others here.

Seems to work as it is. No more tasteless spammed pictures and there seems to be alot less muppets around.

Are you still banned from there SlyDice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I say keep it the way it is. I've barely had to do any moderation at all since it was made private, just moving the odd misplaced thread mostly, whereas before there was loads of stuff in need of moderation every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

In all honesty, I much preferred the CS boards before the lockdown. I'm obviously not in favour of the kind of no-holds-barred muppetry that was going on - the posting of obscene jpegs and stuff - but the kinda controversial (and harmless) threads that would be flying about by the dozen every day made the board genuinely interesting to read, not to mention keep the moderators on their toes :P

Now however, people are afraid to say boo... and due to the permission based access to the board, we are denied the opportunity to view SUPAR_MAYO_KILLER_MAN999's views on why were are "aell a BUench of FAegots", the kind of stuff that makes for classic threads.

Oh yeah, and both the moderators are from Monaghan, sort it out like ;)[Edit: except for Meglome, who's a total absentee landlord :P]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

I honestly haven't read the CS boards since the lock down. Too boring.

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think the CS board is actually about CS now.
    If you want an interesting funy flame filled thread go look for boston and celt.
    Leave the CS board the way it is since its actually about CS now.

Granted, but CS is about as interesting as looking a large lump of wood for extended periods of time.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

I support Patrick Lucy. The CS board is now about as interesting as a walk in the park with your mother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The CS board is now about as interesting as a walk in the park with your mother

Well actually I was in the park the other day with YORE MA and... *slaps self*

Er anyway. The CS board works as it stands, it's not full of muppets and people get to talk about CS. I honestly can't see the point in unlocking it. I'd prefer not to remain as moderator if it is unlocked however - I just don't have time to deal with the kind of rubbish the board was full of prior to being locked, to be honest.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Shinji
    I just don't have time to deal with the kind of rubbish the board was full of prior to being locked, to be honest.

Yeah sorry Rob, I forgot about the whole save-the-world-from-polluters thing, all of your precious time is now naturally spent 'taking villains down to zero' as it were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

The cs board is working nicely as it is imo. Sure, theres a lack of humorous I R TEH L33T SNIPAR threads, but its a lot easier to read now.

Have I mentioned the whole thing with you being a dead man, Par? :)

Why does it matter how interesting you find it.
    The board is actually about CS related issues now, if you don't find it interesting go to a different board where your tastes would be met.

I don't think we have a "OMFG YUO FAEG LOLOLOL ROFFLE MAYO" board though PHB....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Originally posted by PHB
    Why does it matter how interesting you find it.
    The board is actually about CS related issues now, if you don't find it interesting go to a different board where your tastes would be met.

I was under the impression, the board was for the Irish CS community including the support, encouragement and broadening of it!

Clearly this lock is a retard upon the development of the irish CS community, saying that I don't mean anything about the way the LOCKDOWN system has been implemented! I'm refering to the "newbie" Joe Soap who couldn't be bothered going about the rest of the forums and learning the Wonderful ways of Boards.ie in order to find out howto get posting permissions, ie how to PM...

This thread is also not meant to shout "oi get rid of the lock",

I just think the admins should take a look at how quiet it's been, notice that the boards.ie cs community seems to be dying, and decide if a reprieve is in order....

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We absolutely will NOT being going back to the way it was before as for one I get nice peaceful pints now.

Also, from reviewing the board, its clearly about CS now rather then the hive of muppetry it was before. Sorry about this but the CS board is for CS players, it shouldn't really have become the center of action it was before.

Slydice, much as you may not like it (and I've never heard one person whine so much that I felt like adding some cheese) this IS now supporting CS much more then it was before. People are asking config questions, getting help with errors etc. I highly doubt *anyone* who plays CS online and has worked out how to join servers etc wont be able to PM the mods. And if they cant, we dont want people that dumb here.

So. In short. No.
    We're all a million times happier then before the way it is now.

DeV.

I dont think you understand.
    This is the community that has always been there, its just been drowned out by the muppets and the muppets saying how the muppets are there and mocking them.
    Clearly this lock is a retard upon the development of the irish CS community

I think this is the exact opisite. Notice how old faces are showing themselves on the boards again who stoped going there because of muppetry.

Originally posted by Littletinyman

Now however, people are afraid to say boo...

Thats what I find so annoying, the CS board is like reading a manual now, thats it, just a manual, I would goto google if i wanted a manual,

Can you at least give people some example's of whats allowed, it does seem like no-one wants to post anything even fun because of this lock

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If its CS related fun I very much doubt that the mods would ban you for it, and if its borderline then post it anyway and see if they warn you (it isnt like they just ban people for one infraction).

Come on, there really isnt an issue here. Slydice you just want a moan because it took so long for you to get access. I highly doubt you have the "good of the CS community" at the heart of this little post.

DeV.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by DeVore
    If its CS related fun I very much doubt that the mods would ban you for it, and if its borderline then post it anyway and see if they warn you (it isnt like they just ban people for one infraction).

Well I hold by my argument
    Originally posted by DeVore

Come on, there really isnt an issue here. Slydice you just want a moan because it took so long for you to get access. I highly doubt you have the "good of the CS community" at the heart of this little post.

DeV.

WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP MAONING ABOUT ME MOANING :(

your doing my head in

I produce exhibit A to prove I didnt like the system when I was a community mod and well able to post ( before my ordeal with getting access)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=383342

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Originally posted by Slydice

Can you at least give people some example's of whats allowed

well, heres an example of whats not allowed
    Slydice

m'kay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Originally posted by Littletinyman
    Oh yeah, and both the moderators are from Monaghan, sort it out like ;)[Edit: except for Meglome, who's a total absentee landlord :P]

Nah I'm about all right but generally there is nothing to do. Bring back #4 :)

Advertisement