Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doa3 on the PS2 with your help

Options
  • 06-04-2002 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Go here: http://www.tecmoinc.com/ubb/Forum14/HTML/001678.html and please sign the partition for Dead or Alive 3 to be on the PS2. It's currently an x-box exculsive and this hurts a lot of people bad so if you want to have any chance of getting DOA3 for your PS2 then the partition is a good place to start.

Comments

Dont really care for games like that but I'll take a look see anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Don't bother they never work.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

Originally posted by Giblet
    Don't bother they never work.

Where is everyones youthful spirit!? We can at least try, come on people!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yeah i agree with Digi_Tilmitt there's no harm in trying. If you don't want to, don't bother discouraging others. Anyway i'd like to see another doa game on the PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

if they've done some kind of exclusivity deal for DoA3 and the XBox then its not bloody likely it'll see light of day on other systems. Of course, I have no idea if this is the case or not, and may or may not be talking through my arse.

Perhaps I should add that to my signature.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

It'll probably be on PS2 in about six months anyway, although admittedly in a significantly cut-down form because you can't do a lot of the environments etc. from DoA3 on PS2 hardware.

(Actually, DoA3 *is* on the PS2. It's called DoA2, and apart from a couple of new characters and slicker graphics, it's exactly the same game. I got bored of DoA3 very quickly - once you've seen all the arenas and gone "ooho, pretty" a bit, it's impossible to miss the fact that DoA2 is pretty much the same game, but on a system with a better control pad for beat'em'ups....)

Originally posted by Stephen
    if they've done some kind of exclusivity deal for DoA3 and the XBox then its not bloody likely it'll see light of day on other systems. Of course, I have no idea if this is the case or not, and may or may not be talking through my arse.

Mircrosoft have paid Sony for exculsive rights to Doa3 but the x-box is already dying so you never know.

Digi that is a truly foolish stance to take, given the fact that it is a new console, and has sold REASONABLY well. Maybe not as much as the PS2, but that had an established brand name to begin with.

Mircrosoft have paid Sony for exculsive rights to Doa3

Er, Microsoft have paid Tecmo for the rights. Sony have nowt to do with it :)

Also - Sega had the same deal with Tecmo for DoA2 on Dreamcast. Four months later it appeared on PS2 under the title of "DoA2 Hardcore". It wouldn't shock me to see Tecmo play the same gag again.

(Actually, that said, I don't see why they'd bother. If I were them I'd hang on until DoA4 before doing anything on PS2 again; anyone who owns DoA2 is going to feel right bloody ripped off if they buy DoA3.)
    the x-box is already dying

I wouldn't go that far. I do admit that that's certainly the perception in Japan and Europe though - a lot of Xboxen up on Ebay from folk desperate to recoup some of their investment. Microsoft won't let the console die - too much is at stake - but it could be very, very marginalised in Europe, that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I wouldnt mind it on PC .
    And with the exclusive thing didnt Square USED to have one with Sony for Final Fantasy .So they can be broken .
    Great thing about if the Xbox dies Microsoft bought a few games companies and you know they will mass release their games on PC and any other system to recoup some cash .
    Kdja

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Errr, i'm pretty surprised that no one has mentioned that DOA3 (bar shinji kinda) is actually running "exactly" the same game engine as DOA2, literally nothing is different, the same frame data (check any site, fighters.net, shoryuken.com) the exact same movement, everything bar a few ugly new moves for each character.

I mean, tekken tag got eaten alive and they changed everything (admittedly not much but it was different to those who play it alot) whereas DOA3 is DOA2 with fancy graphics......

Great thing about if the Xbox dies Microsoft bought a few games companies and you know they will mass release their games on PC and any other system to recoup some cash .

That's never, ever going to happen. Xbox is far too important for Microsoft to ever allow it to "die" as such - it may struggle in the market but they'll continue to plug it, of that you can be sure. And that includes not releasing the games on other platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

When i spoke to the MS dopes a month or so ago, they pretty much made it clear that the machine was going to be running for quite a while.

Despite me saying that i gave it till the end of the summer before ppl finally realised that it wasn't really worth it, he still seemed adamant that irregardless of what happens it'll go on.
    After all, i don't think bill would actually like to bring out some form of hardware/software that goes down the toilet.

End of the day, MS would probably make a 90% loss on production of the machine to put asses on seats in front of xboxes, just so bill could once again say that hes 0wn0r'ed another home market.

Someone should dig out that old "ps2 as a stand for the DC" picture, modify it or maybe make a "how the xbox looks incredibly like one of those weighing machines to see how much of a fat git you are" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The Xbox looks like a VCR :)

Originally posted by Shinji
    Er, Microsoft have paid Tecmo for the rights. Sony have nowt to do with it :)

Sorry i ment to say Tecmo.

The x-box is dying, not quite dead but it won't last long. ;)

Digi how can you say the X-Box is dying. Thats the kinda stance a overportective 14 yr. old would take (overprotective of his Ps2).
    What if MS decided to lower the price tommorow to €199, what then. Remember it's still a new console. I'm not vouching for the X-Box, just stating facts. The Snes never sold as well as the MegaDrive, but is still regarded as the most popular.

The Snes never sold as well as the MegaDrive

Really? Damn, we better rewrite the history books I guess. (The MegaDrive sold better than the SNES in Europe in the first couple of years but declined in popularity, with the SNES selling more units over an extended period. In the USA and Japan, the SNES led the Mega Drive by a mile for its entire lifespan.)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Microsoft are an immensely stubborn company. A few things most companies would have given up on years ago:

Windows NT (novel ruled networking, only really overtook Novell at version 4)
    Windows 3.1 (1, 2 and 3.0 never sold very well)
    Windows CE (Still the minority player in the PDA market but growing).
    MSN (everybody hated the first Windows Explorer/AOL type hybrid interface).

You may hate them, you may think they're scum but Microsoft tend to think long-term.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Xbox may look like a vcr but PS2 looks like a dodgy radiator. The Xbox is doing rather well in america and this sohuld keep the Xboxout for quite a while. There is no harm in petitioning. It was because of a petition that an uncut and superior FFVII was released outside japan.

Originally posted by Giblet
    Digi how can you say the X-Box is dying. Thats the kinda stance a overportective 14 yr. old would take (overprotective of his Ps2).
    What if MS decided to lower the price tommorow to €199, what then. Remember it's still a new console. I'm not vouching for the X-Box, just stating facts. The Snes never sold as well as the MegaDrive, but is still regarded as the most popular.

Hey I'm not actually that much of PS2 fan. I had a MagaDrive when i was younger (when i was 5!) and i was Fiercely loyal to it so now i am caught between sega and sony and i can never pledge my full loyalty to sony cause i still like sega. I will admit to having a pure hatred for Microsoft that may be making me exagerate the failure of the x-box.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't know why you want DOA3 Soul clibre 2 and virtua fighter 4 are better games

Advertisement