Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats allied assult like?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Blitzkrieger You dirty looking sap I said every level plays differently. I didn't say that you had complete freedom over what you do because you don't.

Fine - wait until you play it second time around you'll see what I mean eventually.
    Also MoHaa is a completely different game to Operation Flashpoint.

I didn't really make it clear but I was comparing them in terms of squad-based combat and freedom of movement/operation. I.E. OF has them (to a high degree if not completly) and MOHAA pretends to but doesn't.

Oh-yeah......it is a fun game to play but sooooooooooooo repetetive. Buy it when it reaches €15 and play a level a day and you'll love it. Buy it at €60 and you'll be crying all the way to the slave pit. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Originally posted by Kali
    multiplayer its bloody brilliant

/me projectile vomits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

JKII multiplayer is class.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by Spiffing
    JKII multiplayer is class.

Your mouse accuracy must be a bit poor, you missed the JKII thread and hit the MOHAA one. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

Originally posted by kaids

And an infinite supply of attack dogs too? :)

if that's the end of level 4 (and i think it is), there's only ~3 dogs i think, there are constant guard reinforcements but the dogs are just along the road i think, wiv the rifle men.

Omaha is tough and unforgiving but once you get the knack, you can finish it in one go

i don't thinks it's repetitive at all, yes every mission is killing nazis, it's a ww2 FPS ffs. when you're bored of killing nazi schfinehunds you bored of life

the ending was very disappointing mind

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm not planning on playing it a second time i've far too many games to play at the mo. And meh, I i think that max payne was one of the most repetitive games i've ever played and got well bored of it after the third level. Luckily it didn't last too long

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Nah, on the level i played i was only getting repeatedly attacked by attack dogs, after about the 7th one i was getting a bit fed up with it.

I personally loved Max Payne, pity it was a bit short though. Played it fairly solidly for two periods of 7 hours each, couldn't eh.. "put it down" :)

Originally posted by kaids

Your mouse accuracy must be a bit poor, you missed the JKII thread and hit the MOHAA one. :rolleyes:

ph34r my mad mouse skillz!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Originally posted by richindub2
    I agree with blitz/ celt / kaids the single player is nothing special. Nothing worth 60E anyway. :/

Uhmm which Blitz u agreeing with??? I'm just looking for a compliment and curious if i said something right ??? :D:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I found the demo to be boring poo. It just seems to be the same kinda FPS and RTS game coming out on the PC lately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I wonder if the original poster actually bought the game or gave up playing PC games for life :)
    the MOHAA level editor is out now and I can make maps for it :)
    If you play this online check out some the new maps prado being the best .
    the expansion pack is out late summer few more single player missions and some yet to be defined "team multiplayer games" personally the Objective missions online i think are the best i have played online ( before i get killed i havent play DOD or CS online much).
    kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Well I got it last week and I think it's good for a laugh for the time being, although it will never last half as long as hl.

Indeed playing it on hard is a much more rewarding experience. If you think the graphics are crap then I suggest you get a better system to play on, on my system ->

Gf2 Gts Pro 64MB DDR
    Athlon 750@800 (Slot A)
    256MB pc100 Cl2
    20GB WD ATA 66 7200rpm
    98SE

The game plays v.nicely and the graphics are lovely when you turn on high detail etc....

I've been playing the one player and I like it :) I'm interested in seeing how the multiplayer pans out but I'm not keeping my hopes up

All round gg. Although it's gonna take a helluva lot more to get me away from cs :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Originally posted by BlitzKrieg

Uhmm which Blitz u agreeing with??? I'm just looking for a compliment and curious if i said something right ??? :D:confused:

The other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It was a bit annoying reading magazine/website reviews touting this as "Better Than Half Life". Rubbish....

AA was good. Nothing more, nothing less. Some levels were fun (Omaha Beach was very good). But some levels (that damn Sniper level) almost put me off finishing the game.

Best FPS this year so far is JK2. Looking forward to seeing what homebrew level designers can do with the game.... I can imagine some fantastic stand alone episodes cropping up in the coming months.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I personally enjoyed the tension of the sniper level although i know far more people who detested it. Jk2 like wolfenstein offered nothing new. I still think MOHaa deserves the title of of best fps of the year for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It's alright. Realistic-y shooting and so on, has some nice bits. Overall t'is a bit repetative alright. Worth playing though, but 60Euros is a bit steep.

JK2 definitely better. That starts off really bad, but ends up being really cool (once you get your saber :). Was disappointed when I finished it cos I still felt like slashing more people up with my saber. On to multiplayer I guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

err which sniper level? wasnt there a few? :)

ive been playing it on and off for the past week or so.. quite enjoying it, on a bloody fps killer of a level at the mo (the snowy forest one).. and if you turn down details you cant see anything through the trees at all, not that you can really in high detail either :)

must get new graphics card.. a tnt2 just cant deal with this level (all the others decent enough framerates were got)

Jk2 like wolfenstein offered nothing new.

And MoH did?

Advertisement