Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boomslang me baby

Options
  • 07-04-2002 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

where can i get a Boomslang 2000 in the uk or in ireland..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Hard to come by ATM. They're setting up their own online store (http://www.razerzone.com/) which isn't done, and I think they're not supplying as much as they used to (which was very little).

http://www.gameplay.com had them a while back. AFAIK now you can only get em on Ebay.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Why trouble yourself for a mouse that's the same size as Greenland and just as responsive?

Oh yeah, top gamer Sujoy uses one...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Not used one much then eh? You can get them online as of 2 months ago. Up til then you could get a few on Ebay. just bought a new one last month myself. Easily the best mouse (For anything, not just gaming) I've ever used.
    And c'mon...the biscuit tin it comes in rocks...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

pay all that money for a tin can. And then there's the box it comes in.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I got my 2000 of Gameplay.
    Arrived in a couple of days.
    It broke there a couple of weeks ago after having it for over a year and a half so i sent them an email and they sent me a brand new one and let me keep the old one.
    Great mouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

Originally posted by Robbo
    Why trouble yourself for a mouse that's the same size as Greenland and just as responsive?

Oh yeah, top gamer Sujoy uses one...

lol robbo. thks for the links lads.and also i'm not buying the mouse because sujoy has one.i've read reviews about it. And its sounds good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

"and also i'm not buying the mouse because sujoy has one."

o_0

comic genius.

the reviews do not take into account how unreliable they are, nor do they offer sufficient comparison with more recent mice, such as the microsoft intellimouse explorer 3.0 and the logi dual optical.
    the ms ie 3.0 doesn't skip, and you can do things with them that you can't do on a ball mouse.....
    say you use a very low sensitivity and have to turn 180 degrees, many ball mice will skip when u try to spin around so fast.

fatality, who was the worlds best quake3 player for a while only used the boomslang when he was paid to do so. when he wasn't sponsored he used a logitech wingman or a logitech mouseman.

i think the boomslang is a waste of money!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I've used just about every major model of mouse out there, including older/newer opticals and the Boomslang 2000 outdoes them all. It just takes a while to get used to as it requires you shifting your grip in a small but significant way compared to 'normal' mice. Also the moulded side buttons are a lot more comfortable and usable than those on the Msoft/Logitech opticals.

180's are a piece of cake. Between the inbuilt sensitivity control and TFC's I can pull a 180 in about 2 inches of movement and still have it accurate enought to snipe at the same setting. Match it with an everglide mousemat and you're flyin'
    As for reliability I had my first one for just over 2 years (And with the amount of use (abuse...:eek:) they get mice normally last me less than one).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Hey, whatever floats your boat... :)
    I'm never going back to ball mice again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

They do apparantly take a bit of getting used to (actually...a lot). But once that's done, you never change. Talked to a whole bunch of people who have one, they all swear by it. It all depends on the person, some people will love it, some won't. I'm sticking with my Logitech mouse until the Boomslang gets cheaper, and they release XP support (still no proper XP drivers?).

• Advertisement
Advertisement