Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For the Men...

• 07-04-2002 11:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Which do you prefer & why?

which do you prefer? 128 votes

Blondes
    0% 0 votes
    Brunettes
    17% 23 votes
    Red Heads
    32% 42 votes
    Black
    15% 20 votes
    anything natural
    13% 17 votes
    gray or silver
    20% 26 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Redheads = best laugh usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Brunettes
    More natural looking than most
    But then they all look the same naked
    :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

gray/silver? Got the eyes for a coffin-dodger? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

brunettes would be my main choice but i'm not really bothered what colour hair the ladies have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    brunettes would be my main choice but i'm not really bothered what colour hair the ladies have

lol reminds me of something a mate of mine once said

"you never look at the mantel piece when your poking the fire!!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Blondy/brown...... I think Brown hair with blonde Highlights...... Yes, I am very particular.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

The colour of a lady's hair makes absolute zip difference, really... although I'd agree with Castor Troy to some degree--- red-heads do seem to be the best laugh, generally, for some mad reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

I like hair I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Redheads most definately!

Sometimes dangerous tho... so thats something to keep an eye out for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Gentlemen prefer Blondes:)

But like, if you think hair colour makes any difference to anything then.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Wheres the "dyed" option ?

The brighter the better...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 blue moon fever

redheads definitly; no hair just a red head ,no really redheads but the collers and cuffs have to match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

as a wise man once said..."it doesn't really matter about hair colour, they're all pink on the inside"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

What no Purple?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

:D as long as the curtains match the rug i don't care :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

HEHE

I prefer blondes in general.
    That not to say i havent fancied a brunette.

Just that in general blondes tend to be better looking, and dres sexier.

It catches the eye and creates an inital spark of attraction.

After that the more important things like personality, fun, common interests take over.

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Redheads.

A bit more fiery, must be the celtic blood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

Originally posted by Saruman
    What no Purple?

Yeah, why isn't there a 'crazy-colour' option? Not that I'm going to be voting, seeing as I'm a straight woman, but I feel a bit discriminated against being a pinky-haired young wan.

For the record, I get chatted up more when my hair is blonde, but not by gentlemen, usually by a*r*s*e*holes. Pink hair usually scares the a*r*s*e*holes away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Doesnt make a huge difference but if i had to choose it would be brunettes/black hair.
    Pink hair usually scares the a*r*s*e*holes away.
    Blonde hair with pink highlights- I like that. I knew someone who had her hair like that it looked really good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by Giblet
    But then they all look the same naked
    Only on the sites you seem to browse :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Have to say, I normally prefer blonde, but of course it doesn't matter a huge amount. Dyed deep red hair is another favourite, and blonde with blue or purple highlights would kick donkey.

I'd imagine a better poll might be straight/curly/wavy/whatever hair (personally go for straight).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I like the way German girls tends to dye red (too many of them would be natural blondes). At the same time, I tend to prefer hair style over hair colour (either go the whole hog or don't, no wussing around). Oh yeah, can it be low maintenance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭IRISHLILY24

brunettes are in the lead!!
    ya for me, lol
    long, dark and curly ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by IRISHLILY24
    ya for me, lol
    long, dark and curly ;)

and single....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Um, in theory it makes absolutely no difference to me what hair colour someone has, but different people seem to suit different colours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by Mills
    Um, in theory it makes absolutely no difference to me what hair colour someone has, but different people seem to suit different colours.
    Yup I would have to agree with you there mills. If a girl is fine then she is fine. Doesn't really matter to much about the colour of her hair, maybe the style but not the colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭papashiv0

if they match it doesnt really matter. 8)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭fi

ya for me, lol
    long, dark and curly ;)

and for anyone who doesnt know what irishlily24 looks like.... her hair is to die for, i always think men prefer ladies with long hair and the longer the better.

mine is red and shoulder length and i have adopted the temper to match!!

weh i was blonde i was too chatted up by morons, and attracting the wrong sort, now im a red head i dont attract any LOL

LOL should ahve stayed blonde!!!

Thanks fi ;)

blushing :)

where did the extra new smilies go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by Tushpusher
    mine is red and shoulder length and i have adopted the temper to match!!

Are ya free this Saturday night? ;)

alright fi!!

go out and have fun!!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

People moaned so cloud got rid of em. On hair styles tis either short dark straight hair or long and blonde :)

Thanks fi ;)

blushing :)

aperently the MODS had a vote and they decided "the powers that be" that they didnt like the new ones so went back to the ****e boring old ones!!!!!!!!!!!

hence i dont use them!!

ughhh

I loved the new smilies!!

bring them back pleaseeee!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

ya for me, lol
    long, dark and curly ;)

Eh are us redheads not in the lead....?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by T.G Catter

Eh are us redheads not in the lead....?

sorry but if you look at the POLL the brunettes are in the lead :)
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

ah well..... ah sure it's a known fact we're better in bed...:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Ok, girls? Fi/Tushpusher/irishlily24 ?

for the last couple of days reading your posts it just seems like all you are trying to do is get guys to say: "wow! there's a hot single girl talking to me online and she wants to meet up." Fair enough if thats what you want.

It just seems (to me anyway) that you're giving the rest of us girls a bit of a bad name, i tend not to "flaunt" the fact i'm female, i'm a member of this community and i use it to talk to people, not to organise dates. It's rather irritating reading posts that are asking "What would you like for me to look like / say / be for you?" Some of us want to discuss stuff like the rest of the folk and after a few of the messages i've been getting online (the nicks Fio *not* fi) it's just getting on my wick!

(no offense to any of you, i'm just pointing this out)

<< Fio >>

YEP FIO,
    I can see how it would look that way , sorry that it does.
    I have participated in other threads without the types of posts that happen to be coming up this past week, just felt like talking about those subjects at the time though it is a topic that will come up time and again since women and men will inevitably keep asking these time honored questions ;)
    I just say whats on my mind, as many people do on the boards ;)

I dont take offense at all, its your right to make your comments like everyone else :)
    I have read your posts in the past and agreed with things you have said so I am not gonna argue with you now.

I indeed hope and really dont think we have given women a bad name on the boards, everything just gets mixed up a bit when new people get on the boards as you can see.

I did make a lot of new friends as a result of the topic I started, while I did not intend for it to turn into a dating forum, lol It was entertaining while it lasted....things have calmed down now and are getting back to normal.

I do have other threads that are on subjects everyone can relate to as well, not just the typical man woman stuff:p

hope to hear from ya again, your comments are always welcome:D

Originally posted by smiles
    Ok, girls? Fi/Tushpusher/irishlily24 ?

for the last couple of days reading your posts it just seems like all you are trying to do is get guys to say: "wow! there's a hot single girl talking to me online and she wants to meet up." Fair enough if thats what you want.

It just seems (to me anyway) that you're giving the rest of us girls a bit of a bad name, i tend not to "flaunt" the fact i'm female, i'm a member of this community and i use it to talk to people, not to organise dates. It's rather irritating reading posts that are asking "What would you like for me to look like / say / be for you?" Some of us want to discuss stuff like the rest of the folk and after a few of the messages i've been getting online (the nicks Fio *not* fi) it's just getting on my wick!

(no offense to any of you, i'm just pointing this out)

<< Fio >>

surprised you havent noticed that Fi is Tushpusher...... one in the same.

If the posts offend you, like dont read them.

now ive heard about flauting your chest or the like but flaunting the fact your female????? what s that about. with a name like Fi, tushpusher and Irishlily24 its hardly a secret ;)

i dont recall any of us saying "What would you like for me to look like / say / be for you?"

and seeing as my nick is Fi id say some of the post may NOT have been for you FIO :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

In all fairness, Fio's right on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

it's not what someone looks like (hair colour etc...), it's their personality that counts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Casey

Yup...... Im with Fio
    The 'come and get me boys ' bit is getting a little tired girls

Originally posted by smak
    it's not what someone looks like (hair colour etc...), it's their personality that counts.

smak,
    TRUE, VERY TRUE :)

To casey and everyone else, its really all in good fun....I've seen worse threads started, for example, ahem, smiles infamous 8 page thread from community>bubbles re:buying foriegn wives, lol
    now if that wasnt ridiculous I dont know what was :p

Life is short, have a good time and keep on keep'n on :D

xoxoxo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

um

I like black hair.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

its usually any reasonably good looking girl with a sense of humour that does it for me , then with hair is just a bonus !!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

YEP FIO,
    I can see how it would look that way , sorry that it does.
    I have participated in other threads without the types of posts that happen to be coming up this past week,

lts be honest, the after hours board has turned into a dating agency. and lets also be honest that what you say above is not strictly true. there are several threads about on the board which has degenerated into a 'lets go out and get a man' thread, or a 'you go gurl and get your fella' fella thread.
    personally i dont mind. i find it amusing, but seriously, you do know about irc dont you. its a small application that allows you to have 'real time' conversations with people. and the rest of us dont have to see what you are saying, like here.
    I just say whats on my mind, as many people do on the boards ;)

yaahoo!
    another person that speaks their mind and says what they want.
    you know, if people actually gave their opinions around here as much as they say that the 'say what they want', these boards would be far more interesting.
    I indeed hope and really dont think we have given women a bad name on the boards, everything just gets mixed up a bit when new people get on the boards as you can see.

no, you dont give women a bad name, you come across as a 14 year old girl who has just discovered the internet.
    wanna cyber?
    I did make a lot of new friends as a result of the topic I started, while I did not intend for it to turn into a dating forum, lol It was entertaining while it lasted....things have calmed down now and are getting back to normal.

you made friends?
    hmmm, i hope you dont expect them to help you out in a crisis.
    lol. i think.
    hope to hear from ya again, your comments are always welcome:D

a bit patronising dont cha think?

but of course, im just one of those who says what he likes and likes what he says yadda yadda yadda.
    its all pretty much clichéd and old hat now.
    besides you have made your first impressions and people are goin to find it hard to change that impresion.
    not that i will matter to you, but my first impression of you isnt good, and believe it or not, its hard to give me a bad impression.

sorry, forgot the lol

lol

Casey is correct...as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan

you made friends?
    hmmm, i hope you dont expect them to help you out in a crisis.
    lol. i think.

a bit patronising dont cha think?

but of course, im just one of those who says what he likes and likes what he says yadda yadda yadda.
    its all pretty much clichéd and old hat now.
    besides you have made your first impressions and people are goin to find it hard to change that impresion.
    not that i will matter to you, but my first impression of you isnt good, and believe it or not, its hard to give me a bad impression.

sorry, forgot the lol

Aren't you a mean fúcker?

see my reply to the other thread. about my name change to "BigSchlong"

• Advertisement
Advertisement