Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hi, a quick question.....

• 08-04-2002 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,
    Im new here, tho Iv spent a lotta time lookin ;)
    Im a wheelchair user who has just recently moved to south dublin.
    Im wondering, whats the best deal (at the moment) for net access?
    right now, im with NTL, coz they offer free weekends, is there *anything* better or faster?
    Im basically just wondering what my options are right now i guess, there seems to be little or no broadband and what dial-up there is all seems to be pay-per-min???

Ratz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Welcome to the boards :) u have very little options my friend im afraid :( ud be best sticking with NTL for a while until something else comes along. the only "flat rate" dialup remains is the No Limits customers who survived last May's service termination hehe...the rest is pay per min...whatever local calls are..i dont think theres a huge difference in pricing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Depending on where you live on the southside, there may be an NTL Cable option. As far as I know its about 35-40 euro for a decent 512K/128K always on connection, and I think that can also include your TV package.

There are only 4 areas on the southside being deployed by NTL at present - but this is always under debate as to where the boundaries actually are. For example I know someone in Rathfarnam who recently was told they were on the border of another boundary, and therefore were close enough to an upgraded exchange to avail of the cable solution. I know of another friend in Templeogue who also got onto this service.

Go check out http://www.ntlworld.ie and ring the phone number for enquiries. They should be able to tell you if you are eligable or not based on your address.

c0y0te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

UTV internet's dialup service uses an 1890 number, which (I think) is marginally cheaper per minute than standard local access ISP's - probably your best bet till DSL arrives or the Second Coming herelds free access for all (latter is most likely)

http://www.utvinternet.ie/

- lampsie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

sorry, can a admin move this to "Hi, a quick question" thread...guess its still kinda early :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Done:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement