Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dungeon Siege

Options
  • 08-04-2002 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

I Have been offered this game for free :)
    Anyone played it ?
    Its an RPG and i hate them but this says its "action" too
    Kdja

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Be warned that "action" in this context means "click on things and your characters attack them". It's not going to get your madskillz impulses racing :)

(It's quite good fun though. I loathe most western RPG tat - Baldurs Gate, Planescape Torment, through to lightweights like Diablo - all rubbish as far as I'm concerned. I've plugged about four hours into Dungeon Siege so far and although I'm not exactly raving about it, it's a pleasant enough waste of time :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

aww nuts i was hoping for a Golden Axe type action .
    Dont have time to play thinkin games (age of Empires the only exception)
    Well i get it anyway and have a look .
    if you see it in the For Sale board soon its me :)
    Kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I dident know the game was out yet it looks intresting.

Perhaps i`ll give it a whirll....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

It's quite a good game. The multiplayer and the mod scene will be fantastic when they develop too. Don't worry about it being too RPGish - It's very, very light on plot - just an excuse to kill things.

It's better than Diablo 2 by a long shot... has a few RTSish elements ripped out of Total Annihilation ( worlds best RTS bar none) which are nice too.

I personally looking forward to Chris Taylors RTS he plans to do next. No TA liscence but he'll still make a product that trounces Westwood and Blizzards tired rehashes.

Advertisement