Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An idea of pricing

Options
  • 08-04-2002 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

I'm only in 5th year now but I'd like toknow roughly how much it would cost me to move out during college.

The reason I want to know is because I'd be willing to start saving this summer.

Could anyone give me a rough idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Assuming Dublin, you are probably talking about:

Rent €350-€500 per month (per person)
    ESB, Gas, TV Bills €50- €75 per month (per person)
    Travel
    Food
    Laundry
    Beer
    Phone
    Net connection
    'Personal expenses'
    College fees
    Books (expect €250-500 per year)
    Plus the cost of moving out and getting yourself set up (including but not limited to bed clothes, cooking utensils, crockery, household electrical).

But expect prices / expectations to grow at least 5-10% per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

It can be a really, really bad idea to move out when you're in college- holding down a job to pay for rent, food, clothing, etc and trying to study at the same time is not easy, especially if you're doing an intensive course, such as engineering. I screwed up my first year in TCD Eng by trying to keep working during the college year.

Advertisement