Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books as movies?

Options
  • 08-04-2002 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭

Books that would make great movies ??

I reckon anything by Lee Child for a start.... just read "Without Fail" and thoroughly enjoyed it. It would make a fantastic movie. (as would his previous 5 books!)

I always thought James Patterson's Gary Soneji trilogy would make great movies, but since the powers that be RUINED the first one (Along Came A Spider) by changing the ending completely and KILLING Soneji, the other 2 will never happen.

Stephen Leather has written some amazing thrillers that would make great movies. The Solitary Man, Double Tap, The Chinaman, The Birthday Girl, The Tunnel Rats, The Vets, plus at least 8 others....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Microserfs by Douglas Coupland.

Discworld, any of the guard books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I am Legend - Richard Masterson , great vamp novel already made into a movie called The Omega man (i think) but it could really be redone again.

Enders Game - Orson Scott Card

Neuromancer - William Gibson

The Cryptonomicon - Neal Stephenson

American Gods - Neil Gaiman

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

The naval Audrey/Maturin Series by Patrick O'Brian which would blast Hornblower out of the water.

Re American Gods, just finished reading and was a bit disappointed. Not up to Gaiman's usual standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

I'm always disapointed when a book I loved is made into a movie... I created my own film in my head, and the Director's images are never as good as the ones I thought of...
    Although a new point of view is always good, I never found a book adaptation that wasn't disapointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Fightclub made a good transition from book to film. Some bits were changed but the important bits remained the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

i would like to see the watchmen graphic novel given the Tim Burton Dark Gothic treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Highnoon

Legend by Gavid Gemmell

Though I'm not sure there's anyone out there to play the lead character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Originally posted by Manach
    The naval Audrey/Maturin Series by Patrick O'Brian which would blast Hornblower out of the water.

You'll be happy to hear they are making a film of Master and Commander, with Russell Crowe.

Love to see a version of Green River Rising by Tim Willocks, or anything by James Ellroy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

one i have just finished reading - the mind game by hector macdonald - i reckon it would make a pretty gr8 film...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Calico

Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks
    Though I think they've been trying to make it into a film for the last 8 years or something like that.
    Cal

• Advertisement
Advertisement