Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US vs UK PC parts prices

• 08-04-2002 3:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭

I've searched hard, but haven't found a single place in the US that sells PC components as cheap as www.microdirect.co.uk does. I can't figure this out, because the US is a bigger market, and most things tend to be cheaper there. I've checked tom's pricegrabbing guide and other places, but can find no single website that beats microdirect overall. Am i looking in the wrong places? or is this really the case? and if so, why?

i'm concerned about this, because i intend to move to the US sometime.

Any input would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Gargoyle

Have you visited the pricewatch.com site? Also, try www.newegg.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

2 words Balfa

"trade only"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Whatcha mean trade-only? I have a trade-account with microdirect, but even without that, it's still cheaper than any US places i've seen.
    Anyway, why would trade-only in the US be different to trade-only in the UK?

Outpost isn't as cheap as MD, but newegg at first glance looks incredibly cheap! thanks for the suggestion! :)

I'm still frustrated at how hard most websites are to browse though. You'd think they'd try to make it easier to buy things, but ohhh no. MD is clean and quick. Granted you can't buy online, but you can check price so quickly with it. I had to go through tonnes of pages to get to what i wanted at newegg.

If anyone else knows cheap US hardware sellers, please continue to post, cos i'd like to know as many as possible :)

Advertisement