Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i am going to screw IOL..my little bit of fun

• 30-04-2001 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

I have IOL for the nest month and then im disconnected.
    so im going to use the service 24/7 and make sure theres no money in my bank account when it comes to bill pay time.
    **** them!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

You really didn't want to tell everyone that smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

see thats where the whole courts system comes in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Yea, screw up that Credit History! That will teach them. rolleyes.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

i am sure IOL will waste their time trying to get a few hundred out of me.....
    get real will you.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Greenbean:
    You really didn't want to tell everyone that smile.gif</font>

Why not...who the hell is chernobyl?
    smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

goes off to find his mailbombs left over from the ceasefire ...... i think i know where these are going .

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chernobyl:
    get real will you.
    </font>

You'd be surprised.

Anyway all they have to do is put you into the bad debt book (I Forget the name) and you will have zero chance of getting a bank loan for a car, house or holiday later on. I've seen Superquinn+Dunnes put people into the book for 12p debts.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 30-04-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Chernobyl was 194.145.133.42 (d-airlock042.esatclear.ie) at 25 Apr 2001 20:54:03 +0100.

Given that Esat know you are a nolimits user, and that the nolimits service is based on CLI (Caller Line ID) for authentication, they can do a simple CLI log lookup for that IP address in that days logs, get the telephone number, put it in the sales database and get your name and address from there.

Not that they'd bother, but you seem very unaware of the fact that given an IP address (the above is from usenet), your ISP can tell EXACTLY who you are - ESPECIALLY on a CLI based dial-up.

So there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

SMASH THE SYSTEM!!! DOWN WITH THE MAN!!! YADDA YADDA!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

CiaranC i was unaware you could get somebodies ip simply form them posting, thats a nice trick

• Advertisement

Read the date matching the IP. It has nothing to do with the posting in this forum. As he mentioned, he got it from USENET which does display your IP address for all the world to see.

I would guess they have crossed swords before and he was just proving a point.

Anyway, all this is a moot point. When he stiffs them on the bill they will know who he is. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 30-04-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Any tcp/ip packet you send contains your ip address. Any webserver, irc server, ftp server... anything using the tcp/ip protocol can identify your ip address. I would most likely think the dynamic ip accorded to you when you login is tripled off with the time you log in and which account is using it and stored in an esat database for security reasons. Any other server can store your ip and work with the isp to find out who you are. No such thing as the anonymous internet with a user specific dialup account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

USENET? it sound very unsafe to use, i tend t ostay away from stuff like that, ICQ for one

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

well all I have to say is
    well done chernobyl
    well done..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

chernobyl - iol will get their debt collection people (French and associates smile.gif) on you in a second. They are nasty about such things - a year after i left iol they sent me a bill for that year, and then immediatly refered me to the baliffs when i wrote them a polite and resaonable letter (honest). it took me going in in my student rags, with overwhelming evidence on my side, for them to let me go. It is not a personal issue to them, they are a faceless buisness.

ps i owed them less than £200

[This message has been edited by yossarin (edited 30-04-2001).]

Originally posted by CiaranC:
    Chernobyl was 194.145.133.42 (d-airlock042.esatclear.ie) at 25 Apr 2001 20:54:03 +0100.

Actually im not chernobyl anywhere else,slightly different name.....
    Crossed sword, i have no idea who this guys is.
    smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Yossarian

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chernobyl:
    Originally posted by CiaranC:
    Actually im not chernobyl anywhere else,slightly different name.....
    Crossed sword, i have no idea who this guys is.
    smile.gif
    </font>

Deny everything Baldrick...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

umm, if you use the service 24/7 it wont only be esat that'll come after you, your phone company will aswell since you are charged local call rates for using the service at peak times.

this knee-jerk stuff does no good anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

get real will you.

they came after us for 150 !!!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hecate:
    umm, if you use the service 24/7 it wont only be esat that'll come after you, your phone company will aswell since you are charged local call rates for using the service at peak times.

this knee-jerk stuff does no good anyway.
    </font>

your wrong.
    once you use 1332103001235 all your bills are from Esat.
    i often run up £100 in phonce calls a month with east and only use 1332103001235 for internet, just to avoid any bills from Eircom.
    Once you have a 133 prefix then Esat is your Telecom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

If iol dose go down any you do live in dublin i.e (a ntl zone thing) just get there deal same sort of thing as iol and i think its cheaper. The only bad thing is the cut off every 2 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Chernobyl = Chernobyl or Chernobyl fallout on ie.comp? smile.gif

Sure its you smile.gif And no, I havent spoken to you before, I was just trying to show how easy it is to trace someone using NoLimits.

Advertisement