Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colt High Speed Joke.

Options
  • 08-04-2002 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

colt.jpg

This was on the front cover of the irish times today. My brother went straight to their website, www.colt-telecom.ie and they had a big section on adsl. So he phoned them

"Its tied up with the regulator right now." says the p3on on the phone.

Why would they take out a quarter page add on the front page of the Irish times if they can't supply the service they offer.

And like my brother said, it's not as if this is a pan-european add, its a specific Irish add with Irish phone numbers / websites.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

The adsl link seems to be for their English market, but I think you may be able to bring them up under the trade description act. Theres an order form there for adsl, so it looks like they are offering it.

This seems to be their Irish Offering:

http://www.colt-telecom.ie/linktoeurope/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Felix Randel

Colt have come to one meeting with the ODTR and then said they have no interest in the services (either LLU or Bitstream)

What this add decribes is purely leased lines and or hosting.
    basically extrememly expensive highend broadband

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

To be fair, it's quite clearly an advertisment targetted at businesses.

adam

Advertisement