Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GIGSMART AT TBMC SAT 13th(this is a plug!)

Options
  • 08-04-2002 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭

Hi all, supporters, detractors, and head the balls,

The GigSmart Breakthrough night will kick off this Saturday Night 13th of April in the TBMC at 7.30pm. This is a big step for our modest org. and we are trying very hard to make it a huge success to pave the way for future nights where unsigned acts can get access to a saturday night in the MC at an accessible cost and with good support and help. Come along and meet the gigsmart crew and have a laugh if you want to be involved. All are welcome, no exceptions, including people who seem to have a lot to say about our organisation. I couldn't think of a better opportunity for you to voice your views in person....

This Saturday we have three fantastic bands confirmed and hope you come along to support what gigsmart is all about.

Playing are

Quincey
    Ginseng
    Polar

Unfortunatley due to an accident on Saturday evening Otranome have been forced to pull out of the bill as drummer Ro sustained a broken ankle. A replacement band will be confirmed later on today. In the meantime best of luck to Ro and rest your unit well!!

Gigsmart Compilation disc will be available on the night too which showcases some of the great talent affiliated with the organisation.

Many thanks to all who have helped make this happen, who have volunteered and also to the muppets who try to frustrate us, you fuel the fire!

All the best - Trev M (gigsmartireland.com) :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭hmmwhat?

What?
    Otranome aren't playing? Who is goin to be the replacement band?
    How much is it in by the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Its €8 in and €7 with a flyer ( avaiable of the Otranome site ironically enough) or at all the usual music/guitar/book/record type shops. Waltons on Geaorges street have a load I belive

Replacement band will be anounced later today mmmmmmm kay:D

All the best - Trev

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

viva la gigsmart!

this should be a cool night...

otranome are a big loss though...

but we shall try to strugle on!

TheThirdMan1.jpg

there will be loads of girls from brown thomas, and bt2 in attendence...
    (just a little incentive for the boys)

i'll stick to conscious thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

Pity about Ro alright. Ah sure **** happens. It'll still be a crackin night.

just back from rehearsals...
    cant wait for saturday

should be a classic

tcasadri.jpg

Wallmark will play the TBMC on SAt 13th in place of Otranome.

Who are Wallmark? What type of music and buzz are they?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

We've played with Wallmark in Whelans before, and believe me, they know how to rawk! Great band, great bunch of lads. Check out www.wallmark.moonfruit.com if you're interested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Mr Crowe

that really is a pisser about Ro, i know you guys were lookin' forward to playing and we were all really looking forward to seeing you......i havent heard quincey but ive heard good things, polar rock(listen in today and you'll hear).......as for ginseng and wallmark, well they are two of the best bands around at the moment, certainly two of my favourite irish bands, cant wait to see them rockin like lords:).........see y'all there

peace&love
    mr crow

I have never seen Polar live but really like the second song on their single
    Ginseng are good too
    Quincey are scary but hearts in the right place- musically original and not afraid to, eh, go that bit extra! ( I am friends with them I admit!)
    Pissed off Otranome aren't playing but hey roll on Wallmark.
    I'm going to start drinking on Wednesday for this one.

"rockin like lords" that's great man !! I love it.

It will be a top quality night, hopefully a few people will realise that there is a huge level of talent within the gigsmart camp as a result of the night.

Much repsect to wallmark for stepping up to the plate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Backstage passes are laminated and the posters are up. Rock tastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 chefburno

nice work Tom and anyone else who helped out with distributing the posters!!

hopefully it will do the trick for a sizeable crowd for saturday!!!

see you all there!!!

laters
    da chef

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Zodiac_Lounge

Away the Lads.

Congrats on what looks to be an amazing night - I wish you all the best of luck & will see you there on Saturday

Tony
    Zodiac Lounge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭crow

brutal news about Otranome, but grrrrreat to hear about Wallmark. really cant wait for this one!

Quincey, Polar, Wallmark & the mighty Ginseng ... well, it just dont get much better! :):D:)

oops i tell a lie... it would get much better if the Knomes were playing:p .

Hey, to all the sceptics who sent e-mails

Quincey are still playing on Sat, just about, but are playing

SA ...lut

so it'll be an acoustic set from Quincey then? or just bassless...?

• Advertisement

Quincey are playing the same line-up as the last music centre gig ( I assume!)

It's one electric, accoustic and maybe even bass.

At least it will be something different on the night.

Oh, everyone who thouht Quincey will be on last- as they are forced (beyond their control) to play accoustic- they will be first up so be there nice and early for the full show.

AH rock and a roll!

http://www.quincey-r-us.com

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Prepared to be entertained ppl!

Its so close now!

i'm dying for this gig now... less than 24hrs to go mick... steady yourself!

Advertisement