Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Mods

• 08-04-2002 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭

Any one done any mods on thier guitar.
    Eg: attaching ciruits for modulation etc.
    I'm thinking about making a cut off switch ala Jonny greenwood.
    Some guitars sound cool with distorion circuits.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Gerry

On my old encore which I didn't give a hoot about, I wired up an extra pickup selector which put both the bridge and neck on , or all three. It sounded really cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You can do something like that on a Strat. To give it that extra twang, found on a telecaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Originally posted by Gerry
    On my old encore which I didn't give a hoot about, I wired up an extra pickup selector which put both the bridge and neck on , or all three. It sounded really cool!

Just like BRian May (all hail)

You can go the extra way and have switches to invert the phase of each pick up for extra tonal variety.

I might order some TBX pots (Tone/Bass Cut) They shape the tone better than standard tone pots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

i did that, putting a an extra switch in. it was a strat that i'd replaced the bridge pick with a seymour duncan fella. result is amazing and it is the only guitar i'll play. i recently bought an sg as a spare for live work, but i'm just not happy with it. pickups are too too gnarly and thick sounding. anyone recommend what pick up to stick in the sg to brighten it up a *lot*

• Advertisement

SD 59's You can see a list on http://www.seymourduncan.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Gerry

I'm tempted to do the same on my pacifica, probably should wait for an amp that I can hear the difference through though. I'm thinking of getting new pickups for it also, I'll try and get the shop to show me a comparison of a strat before and after changing the pickups.

Advertisement